IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Spy Shredder

:x Anyone know how to get rid of Spy Shredder? It's the most insidious virus I've ever heard of. It invaded my computer and actually installed trojans, spyware, etc, etc (134 all together). It says to "fix" my machine, I have to buy the "Complete Spy Shredder" (about $50), and it will 'fix' things by removing the viruses it 'found'.

I downloded Norton 360, and thought it solved the problem, but the next day, the power went out, and when the computer came on, Spy Shredder was back. By now, it's so powerful it won't even let me start any other virus removal program (when I try, Spy Shredder keeps popping up, wanting me to buy their 'fix'). It won't even let me download any updates for Iobit, or any other anti-virus program.

If it weren't so terrible, I'd have to marvel at how it completely controls everything my computer does or won't do. It runs terribly slow-like about a minute after I click on something. (Spy Shredder hasn't totally crashed my computer, because it wants me to be able to access their site with my credit card).

What can I do (other than agreeing to pay Spy Shredder's extortion).:x

Hi 2manycats,

There seems to be a manual and/or an automatic solution in this page, but McAfee SiteAdvisor gives warning for spyware on it.

McAfee

Feedback from some users indicated this site engaged in one or more negative or undesired activities

On the other hand, analysis by McAfee of the downloaded files from that page says:

McAfee

10 green downloads

In our tests, we found downloads on this site were free of adware, spyware, and other potentially unwanted programs.

Do it on your own risk, but my opinion is that, it is worth trying. (My choice would be manual.)

After finishing, use the latest AWC.

I hope this helps.

Cheers.

Archived