IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Malware shown, but it says "No threats found"

Please forgive me if this is a dumb question and I'm just overlooking something really obvious, but it's become a big concern to me lately.

Every day I do a Smart Scan using IObit Malware Fighter. And each time, under "Scan for Object" it shows a bunch of names of Malware, such as programs named Trojan.Whatever and Misleading.Whatever and Backdoor.Whatever, and I mean it shows A LOT of these. Yet, when the scan is complete, it always says "No threats found".

I considered that when it says "Scan for Object" it really means it's just checking to see if those known malware programs are there, but it says "Scan for Object" when it's scanning my known files that I know are on my computer as well, so I'm really concerned. Are all these malware programs really on my computer? If so, why isn't Malware Fighter detecting them as threats? And most importantly, what should I do? Please help!

Thank you in advance!

Hi gabliz27, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

You don't have to worry about that, IMF is searching your PC and files for known malwares and at the end gives a report that there is no treat found.

"IMF is searching for known malware objects (which are in the database) in the folders and files that you also know" :smile:

Cheers.

Archived