IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Closing explorer.exe, Riva Tuner glitch?

I'm on Windows 7 64-bit and using GB 3 BETA 3.0 but, this has happened with previous releases also.

I use Riva Tuner to oc my video card and, also, to monitor my gpu/cpu temps in-game and my frame rates.

I have the Riva plug-in set to also show my temps in my task bar.

Now, when configuring GB for my specific "Boost," I always make sure and leave Riva Tuner & it's RTSS plus my nvidia control panel untouched. When I boost and shut down explorer.exe everything works fine; I see my temps/fps in game and I can "feel" my card's overclock so, I know Riva Tuner is running. The problem is, after I close my game and switch back to "normal," and everything comes back on, I lose my readings in my taskbar--plus I lose the icon in the Notifications Customization window, forcing a Log Off or Reboot.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this issue? Maybe knows a fix?

Thank you.

Wow! How do I make these pictures smaller..? Sorry for that.

Pre-Boost Notification Area:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x267/ross-mart34/Pre-Boost.png

Pre-Boost Icon Customization window:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x267/ross-mart34/Pre-Boosticonreadings.png

Post-Boost Notification Area:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x267/ross-mart34/Post-Boost.png

Post-Boost Icon Customization window:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x267/ross-mart34/Post-Boost2.png

Isn't the Temp-monitor utility a separate program from the RivaTuner program?

I think there are many different Temp-monitor programs designed to work with specific Video-cards?

If so, GB3 probably sees the TM as an UnNeeded process and disables it.

@ enoskype: Thank you for the welcome to the forum. I haven't tried enabling all of the icons in my task bar. It would simply leave my task bar too cluttered. I try and keep my task bar as simple as possible. I'll test it out though and report back on this thread.

@ Toppack: It's actually a plug-in for Riva Tuner that you install into Riva Tuner. So, once it's installed, it becomes a part of Riva Tuner. I guess I can study the White List in GB some more and maybe I'm missing something on it... Either way I'll keep this thread kinda updated on what I figure out.

When my GTX 460 gets back from RMA I'll install MSI After Burner instead of Riva Tuner and give it a try. Maybe since it comes as an already All-In-One package--no plug-ins--it'll work differently. I'll see in a couple of days here.

I played the Alpha Trial in Battlefield 3 and I can tell you guys, it's almost as taxing on a system as Crysis 2 is. And that's because the Alpha was locked on like medium textures. I'm just trying to configure GB as best I can for the game's final release.

Thanks for the input and thoughts guys.

I'll report back if After Burner works any differently.

Hi crashdummy35, welcome again! :-D

You can attach or give a link for download of your wallpaper by opening a thread in Lounge section.

You can not attach a file in a PM.

BTW, in my opinion, you have too many pinned icons in the taskbar. :wink:

All the best and cheers.

BTW, in my opinion, you have too many pinned icons in the taskbar. :wink:

I'm curious why you say that?

Other than slowing down the Bootup-time a few Milli-Seconds, what does it effect?

Having the ones you use often, that easy to access, really speeds things up for me. I usually have about 7 or 8 pinned.

@ enoskype: Thank you for the welcome to the forum. I haven't tried enabling all of the icons in my task bar. It would simply leave my task bar too cluttered. I try and keep my task bar as simple as possible. I'll test it out though and report back on this thread.

This is the only reason! 8:) :lol:

Cheers.

Archived