IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Advanced Sytem Care Breaks Mozilla Firefox

rckowal

I'm using A.S.C. 4.0 &/or update 4.1. Every time I use it to scan & clean my PC, the Mozilla Firefox browser (5.0, also 6.0 update) breaks down.

When I try to start Firefox, I get an error message that "mozjs.dll is missing", etc. I have to re-install Firefox to get it to run again. Earlier versions of A.S.C. (before 4.0) didn't do this.

What's wrong here & how can I fix it?

Richard

Welcome

Welcome to the forum rckowal :smile:

I have XP but I am running Advanced SystemCare 4 with FireFox 5.0 and have no problems. I can't remember any other members reporting this either.

Did it start happening after you installed FireFox version 6?

I think FireFox 6 is still Beta? If so there will probably be some bugs or conflicts with other software until the final version is released.

I am wondering if FireFox 6 might have changed something in FireFox 5 as well.

I will give you a list of my settings in Advanced SystemCare so you can see if there are any differences that might be causing this.

Registry Fix: 'Deep Scan' is not ticked

Privacy Sweep

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8131&stc=1&d=1313817985

Junk Files Clean

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8132&stc=1&d=1313817985

All the best, woz of oz

Thanks to both of you for the warm welcome & your help.

Wozofoz; I compared my settings to yours & found that the Firefox "History" was ticked - so I UN-ticked it. Then I did a scan & repair again but nothing changed. I still got the same error message & had to reinstall Firefox again.

As I recall, this issue started after I updated ASC to version 4.0 back in May. At that time I was using Firefox 4.42.0., but I don't remember that there were any problems with ASC 3.8 or 3.7.3.0. In other words, ASC 4.0 & 4.1 aren't behaving on my PC.

Regards, Richard

I just installed FireFox 6 (over the top of 5) and then ran a Deep Care with Advanced SystemCare 4.1

After running the Deep Care scan I checked the details of all the 'problems found' and couldn't see anything that might relate to this FireFox situation.

I then did the Repair with Advanced SystemCare and FireFox 6 is launching and performing well.

I don't know why it is not working ok for you but maybe a Clean Uninstall & Install of Advanced SystemCare would be a good idea at this time.

See This Post for details.

Screenshots are in This Post

All the best, woz of oz

Woz; Tried Revo uninstall then clean install of ASC 4.1 but that didn't fix it. Then I Revo uninstalled & clean installed Firefox 6.0 - now ASC & Firefox run as they should.

Obviously, some thing got "messed up" in my prior Firefox installation & updates. Regardless, it all works now so I'm a "happy camper" again.

Richard

Good news

Woz; Tried Revo uninstall then clean install of ASC 4.1 but that didn't fix it. Then I Revo uninstalled & clean installed Firefox 6.0 - now ASC & Firefox run as they should.

Obviously, some thing got "messed up" in my prior Firefox installation & updates. Regardless, it all works now so I'm a "happy camper" again.

Richard

That is great news :smile:

While searching the web for others that might have this problem I found your Advanced SystemCare review at CNET where you say:

Version: Advanced SystemCare Free 4.1.0

"Works but breaks Firefox 5.0 & 6.0. "mozjs.dll error""

by rckowal on August 19, 2011

Pros: Nice utility. Earlier versions worked fine with Firefox.

Cons: Have to re-install Firefox every time after using ASC 4.0 &/or 4.01..

Summary: I hope this is fixed soon or I'll look for some other equivalent software

I feel your review as it stands could turn some people away from Advanced SystemCare

I am not an employee of IObit (I just volunteer here) but in all fairness to IObit, and to set the record straight, I would ask that you edit your CNET review or post an update to explain that it wasn't a problem with Advanced SystemCare but instead "Obviously, some thing got "messed up" in my prior Firefox installation & updates"

All the best, woz of oz

Archived