IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ISD Beta 5.01 Total Files and Dirs

this is my experiment: (mainly to test the counter: Total Files and Dirs.)

...because I noticed my dayly backup drive had the exact same value Whatsoever when number of files

was going up or down.

1) format a drive NTFS 8 Gig under Windows XP Pro SP3. Total Files and Dirs: 28.

Drive is empty but I guess these are MFT files because of NTFS. How is this calculated?

2) Copy and create 1 Folder, Total Files and Dirs: 44, added 16, Where is it coming from? factor 16?

3) add one sub-Folder, Total Files and Dirs: 44, no change?

4) add one file under the sub-folder, Total Files and Dirs: 44, no change?

5) add one file under the first folder, Total Files and Dirs: 44, no change?

6) add one file under the root, Total Files and Dirs: 44, no change?

7) copy a linear structure of 5 dirs from another drive, even from another hard drive, Total Files

and Dirs: 44, not good!

8) add again 1 Folder under the root, Total Files and Dirs: 44, no change?

9) copy 1 Folder and 2 Files, I have now added a structure of 15 objects, Total Files and Dirs: 44,

no change?

10) copy a structure of 370 folders and files, Total Files and Dirs: 428 , added 384, where are the

14 more coming from?

11) delete the same structure of 370 folders and files, Total Files and Dirs: 428, completly IGNORE

the delete, pretty bad!

12) stop and restart ISD, Total Files and Dirs: 428

13) reboot, start ISD, Total Files and Dirs: 428 when I have only a structure of 15 objects.

At this stage they are too many inconsistencies, can you explain them? can you reproduce a similar

test on one of your computer? I feel a bit counter is not updated when files are deleted, also for

some very unknown reason small amount is also ignored.

Archived