IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

can't defrag any file over 30MB?

I've run defrag on a 186GB C: drive with about 9.6GB of free space and couldn't get much de-fragmented at all. Looking at the report, for anyfile ~30MB and above it says "no space".

What to do?

I can understand large files not getting defragmented, but anything above 30MB when there are almost 10GB of free space?

help!

dani

Hi Dan

You only have about 5% free space so the best course of action is to get some more space.

Usually all defrag programs recommends at least 15% free space - remember that the defrag process moves a lot of data around so a fair amount of free space is necessary.

Solutions can be: larger harddisk - extern harddisk (in order to move some of the files there) - remove unnecessary programs - settings for Windows System Retore Points set to for example 5% of the disk space instead of the default 12% - is some of the solutions that readily come to mind.

Cheers

solbjerg

I've run defrag on a 186GB C: drive with about 9.6GB of free space and couldn't get much de-fragmented at all. Looking at the report, for anyfile ~30MB and above it says "no space".

What to do?

I can understand large files not getting defragmented, but anything above 30MB when there are almost 10GB of free space?

help!

dani

can't defrag any file over 30mb

Hi Dan;

Take a look at this side-by-side comparison of The Top Defrags of 2011

The top rated products can defrag files much larger than 30mb and don't require free disk space. If freeing up sufficient space isn't practical try a free trial run with the top rated defrag for 2011:

FREE DEFRAGMENTER TRIAL

Hope this helps

Cheers

Hi Ron Caber, in your 2 posts in this forum you have given links for the same paid program.

With all due respect to that program, advertising other products in this forum is not permitted and is a banning offense.

Your link to the product page is de-linked.

On the other hand, I belive solbjerg is still waiting for a reply from you.

Ok Ron Caber

In light of your information, what is then your recommandaton for SSD defrag? :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Cheers.

Archived