IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IObit Malware Fighter won't open.

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem, uninstalled, installed again but still doesn't work.

Tried to open by your given path, but no responce.

Maybe good to say that my pc accasionally shuts itself down, my solution to this is open Guest account and then switch to my own account so it first Asks if i REALLY want to shut down my pc.

Tried lots of different antivirus programs, but no program ever took this major virus out.. If you by any chance do know ANY solution, please help me.

hi Daryl

Was it A Clean Install you used?

Your description of your computers behavior makes me think Virus or imminent breakdown of the harddisk.

How filled up are your computer - capacity and free space?

An over-filled computer may exhibit traits like this.

If the small battery inside the computer is too old it may help to change that.

(CMOS battery - Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor)

If this is low it can generate many inexplicable errors - it holds the settings of the BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) when the computer is closed.

Cheers

solbjerg

I have the same problem, uninstalled, installed again but still doesn't work.

Tried to open by your given path, but no responce.

Maybe good to say that my pc accasionally shuts itself down, my solution to this is open Guest account and then switch to my own account so it first Asks if i REALLY want to shut down my pc.

Tried lots of different antivirus programs, but no program ever took this major virus out.. If you by any chance do know ANY solution, please help me.

Hi Solbjerg,

Yes i used a clean install, i would like to find out if it is any virus with the malware fighter. But even after set-up when it can automatically start, the program won't start up.

Thanks for the tip about the battery, next thing in the morning i'm going to find out where to buy a new one and how to install it myself

Thanks a lot, if you got any hints/tips about how to actually get to use the malware fighter it would help a lot!

Hi daryl

Thanks for your feedback!

Which anti-virus program do you use?

Is it possible for you to run an online virus scan?

Try contacting our forum Malware fighter and let him help you get rid of this possible virus. Superdave in the Spyware-Malware Removal Help! section.

Please also give some more information about the status of your computer.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. Have you tried running IMF in Safe Mode?

By the way IMF is not a fully fledged anti-virus program

Hi Solbjerg,

Yes i used a clean install, i would like to find out if it is any virus with the malware fighter. But even after set-up when it can automatically start, the program won't start up.

Thanks for the tip about the battery, next thing in the morning i'm going to find out where to buy a new one and how to install it myself

Thanks a lot, if you got any hints/tips about how to actually get to use the malware fighter it would help a lot!

Hi solbjerg,

I use Advanced System Care 4.0 PRO and that's my only anti-virus program at this moment on my pc.

My pc info:

General

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional

Central Processor AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+

User Name Daryl Schuurman

Graphics

Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS

Video Memory Unknown

Screen Resolution NULL x NULL

Storage

Total Memory 1022,42 MB

Free Memory 407,18 MB

Total Hard disk 149,04 GB

Free Hard disk 119,31 GB

Motherboard

Model K8T890M2AA

Central Processor

CPU Name AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+

Code Name Model 15, stepping 2

Manufactory AuthenticAMD

Current Clock Speed 1999 Mhz

Max Clock Speed 1999 Mhz

Voltage 1,3V

External Clock 200 Mhz

Do you recommend me to install any other (free) anti-virus programs or will Advacend System Care do the job?

Now i will try running it in safe mode and contact Superdave about my problem too. Thanks a bunch.

Hi daryl

Thanks for your feedback!

Which anti-virus program do you use?

Is it possible for you to run an online virus scan?

Try contacting our forum Malware fighter and let him help you get rid of this possible virus. Superdave in the Spyware-Malware Removal Help! thread

Please also give some more information about the status of your computer.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. Have you tried running IMF in Safe Mode?

By the way IMF is not a fully fledged anti-virus program

Hi daryl

I certainly recommend (strongly suggests) that you get a good anti-virus program. There are several rather good ones that are free too.

I myself use MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) and for my use it is certainly adequate and doesn't bother me unduly. (It is free!)

Neither ASC nor IMF are anti-virus programs so you need an anti-virus program to run alongside them.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. I think your computer would benefit from an increase of available RAM.

Hi solbjerg,

I use Advanced System Care 4.0 PRO and that's my only anti-virus program at this moment on my pc.

My pc info:

General

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional

Central Processor AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+

User Name Daryl Schuurman

Graphics

Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS

Video Memory Unknown

Screen Resolution NULL x NULL

Storage

Total Memory 1022,42 MB

Free Memory 407,18 MB

Total Hard disk 149,04 GB

Free Hard disk 119,31 GB

Motherboard

Model K8T890M2AA

Central Processor

CPU Name AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+

Code Name Model 15, stepping 2

Manufactory AuthenticAMD

Current Clock Speed 1999 Mhz

Max Clock Speed 1999 Mhz

Voltage 1,3V

External Clock 200 Mhz

Do you recommend me to install any other (free) anti-virus programs or will Advacend System Care do the job?

Now i will try running it in safe mode and contact Superdave about my problem too. Thanks a bunch.

Along with MSE, I think AVG is my favorite Free security program.

You can also download Trial versions, that are more complete, if needed. (see bottom of link page)

But W-7 and IE-9 have everything that is in the more complete packages already, if you can get those?

So, if you have W-7 and IE-9, the free version of AVG is all you need, as long as you have MSE, download-monitor and Firewall activated,

But I think XP will require the more complete package to have full protection.

See download link:

http://free.avg.com/ww-en/free-antivirus-download

For the record, i personally think it surely is a virus.

Last night i tried to install Kaspersky 2012 (trial version), but it wouldn't install 'cause it couldn't store it's files on my pc.

For some reason this got blocked.

I'll let you know when i find out more about this, just to keep you updated.

Thanks for your support!

Hi daryl

You are welcome! :-)

One other thing came to mind.

If you open Internet Options in the contol panel and select

the tab Protection of personal information and then the button Web sites. Do you then see IMF blocked?

If you do try to allow it.

If you see a program there that you suspect and if it is allowed, you can try to block it.

Remember what you have done (write it down) so that you can undo/reverse those settings.

But for the time being I find it best if you just follow Superdave's advice and instructions.

Cheers

solbjerg

For the record, i personally think it surely is a virus.

Last night i tried to install Kaspersky 2012 (trial version), but it wouldn't install 'cause it couldn't store it's files on my pc.

For some reason this got blocked.

I'll let you know when i find out more about this, just to keep you updated.

Thanks for your support!

Archived