IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Sweeps are wiping out Firefox preferences

gophigure

I asked about this last week and was told to uncheck all Firefox options under the Privacy settings. I did that and my saved sessions were not wiped out on a daily basis. Last night, however, I ran a Quick Care and once again it wiped out my saved sessions. Where is the option to avoid this? It is frustrating to go back and have to set these up every time.

Hi gophigure

Could you please give an exact description of your settings (perhaps screenshots) in Privacy Cleaning, Junk file cleaning, Automatic cleaning and Registry fix.

Did you use the restore center function?

Cheers

solbjerg

I asked about this last week and was told to uncheck all Firefox options under the Privacy settings. I did that and my saved sessions were not wiped out on a daily basis. Last night, however, I ran a Quick Care and once again it wiped out my saved sessions. Where is the option to avoid this? It is frustrating to go back and have to set these up every time.

Fixed...hopefully

soljberg - When I first queried ASC about this, I was told to uncheck all Firefox options in the Privacy Sweep, which I did. They made no mention of the Automatic Cleaning you referred to. I went into those settings and unchecked all Firefox options as well. So far, that seems to have worked. Until I know which specific Firefox options I could leave checked, I'll just go with this. I appreciate the quick reply and, if this doesn't work, I'll be back. :smile:

Hi gophigure

Glad to hear it. Thanks for the feedback!!

I usually do not use the automatic function, so I might easily forget to mention that.

As I remember I think there is a possibility to have different settings in these two places.

So it is a good idea to check the settings in both places. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

soljberg - When I first queried ASC about this, I was told to uncheck all Firefox options in the Privacy Sweep, which I did. They made no mention of the Automatic Cleaning you referred to. I went into those settings and unchecked all Firefox options as well. So far, that seems to have worked. Until I know which specific Firefox options I could leave checked, I'll just go with this. I appreciate the quick reply and, if this doesn't work, I'll be back. :smile:

Archived