IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

How long should it take?

I don't know!!!

Hi redbeard0000,

250 gig hard drive is a large drive even with today's standards and 3 months is long enough for quite a fragmentation, and if you have a lot of large files (>1 GB) and fragmented system files, Defrag and Optimize should take a long time.

But, I don't know the answer to "How long should it take?".

If you give us process time and some technical details about hardware, OS, and security software, it could be a reference in this forum.

Thank you.

It finally finished 31 and a half hours later. But I ran it again after that and it only took about an hour. I guess you were right about the size of the drive and how bad fragmented it was plus the optimizing. I'm beginning to like it alot seems alot faster allready. Just that initial run of the program to get everthing like it should be. Hats off to the developers. About hardware and os. Im running Vista home premium 3gigs of memory 250 gig hardrive and a large graphic design program. Hard drive is over half full. But the windows defrag that come with windows would take anywhere between 12 and 15 hours to run and not have the effect that this defrag program does.

Archived