IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Performance Monitor Now Missing Under 4.1.0 Pro

RVManMB

After installing the latest Version of Advances System Care 4.1.0 running under XP Professional now the Performance Monitor is no longer being display on my Desktop!! One would think that by going to "Settings/Performance Monitor" and UN-checking "Enable Performance Monitor" and clicking on the Apply Button and then going back to the same and "Checking" the "Enable Performance Monitor" that this would restore it back to my Desktop in the register!!! But No way, No How did that work!!! And to my Surprise, after UN-installing 4.1.0 completely using Revo Uninstaller program, sorry was afraid to use yours for I did know if it would uninstall itself?? But then when re-installing 4.0.1, the Performance Monitor was back on my Desktop!! YA, so far, so good!!! But has soon as I up-dated 4.0.1 to 4.1.0 it once again was no long being displayed on my Desktop. And while this is not stopping the performance of what your program is doing for my computer under the Pro Version, it sure would be nice to have back on my Desktop under your latest version! Thanks for any and all help! (Brent)

The performance Monitor was Removed from Later versions,

since so many people complained about it and had problems with it.

Actually they were just expecting Too much from the little utility. :-(

It's replacement was the Report.exe program in ASC-5,

which is activated by the 'Status' button, at bottom of ASC-5 main interface window.

Or you can create a shortcut to the Report.exe program.

Hi RVManMB

I use XP sp.3 too and also ASC version 4.1 in this instance.

No problem by me to get it to display the performance monitor.

But I did noticed that the English interface said "Enable performance monitor"

In my Danish translations it says the Danish equivalent of "Enable performance monitor at Windows StartUp".

And that is how it works by me. i.e. I have to restart the computer to get the Performance monitor to display itself. But then it works irreproachably.

Have you tried that?

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. do you have PMonitor.exe in your program folder?

After installing the latest Version of Advances System Care 4.1.0 running under XP Professional now the Performance Monitor is no longer being display on my Desktop!! One would think that by going to "Settings/Performance Monitor" and UN-checking "Enable Performance Monitor" and clicking on the Apply Button and then going back to the same and "Checking" the "Enable Performance Monitor" that this would restore it back to my Desktop in the register!!! But No way, No How did that work!!! And to my Surprise, after UN-installing 4.1.0 completely using Revo Uninstaller program, sorry was afraid to use yours for I did know if it would uninstall itself?? But then when re-installing 4.0.1, the Performance Monitor was back on my Desktop!! YA, so far, so good!!! But has soon as I up-dated 4.0.1 to 4.1.0 it once again was no long being displayed on my Desktop. And while this is not stopping the performance of what your program is doing for my computer under the Pro Version, it sure would be nice to have back on my Desktop under your latest version! Thanks for any and all help! (Brent)

Thanks For The Help

Wow, this is very interest to say the least and while it may be true that the "Performance Monitor" has been removed from version 4.1.0, thanks to "solbjerg", I did find "PMonitor.exe" file in the "Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 4" Folder and when I clicked on it...DA TA...the Performance Monitor appeared on My Desktop. So I have simply added the "PMonitor.exe" file to the list of programs to start running each time my computer boots up and now I happy to announce that I have the "Performance Monitor" running on my Desktop even if it has been removed from 4.1.0. Thanks for the great tip "solbjerg"!!! (Brent) :lol:

If I May Have One More Word On This....

This posting is to all the current Programmers @ IObit that currently are in charge of Advanced System Care 4! While I'm most pleased that I have been able to restore the ability to have Your "Performance Monitor" Back on My Desktop, I'm most distributed that because of a few, a lot, or what ever that were having a problem with it before version 4.1.0 that YOU HAVE COMPLETELY REMOVED IT!!! DA!!! While this program is like 100's that are on the net, all claiming to do the same thing, YOUR PROGRAM BEFORE 4.1.0 HAD SOMETHING DIFFERENT THAN ALL THE REST, AND I REALLY LIKED IT!!!, AND YES, IT WAS The "PERFORMANCE MONITOR" for ME!!!! Which brings me back to my collage days when I was enrolled in a Class called Computer Programming 101, and I remember the Professor telling us time and time again that "YOU NEVER, EVER, TAKE AWAY SOMETHING IN YOUR PROGRAM THAT WAS PREVIOUSLY THERE WITH AN UP-GRADE!!! This is the biggest problem with Computer Programmers TODAY!!! They simply do not know the basics of computer programming!!! If some part of the original program is a problem for some, them make it switch able to turn on and off, which I thought was there, but it simply doesn't work, but to remove it completely is simply, simply WRONG!!. I'm so hoping this posting is not falling on deaf ears, for now I'm worried about what is going to be missing from Your Next Up-Date and after my membership has expired, do I really want to continue on??? OK, I will get off my computer programming Soap Box...(Big Smile)...But it sure did feel good to say what I had to say. (Thanks, Brent) PS: Doubt it will do any good, but I tried!!!:roll:

Hi RVManMB, welcome to IObit Forum! :grin:

Don't worry, IObit is listening 8:), look how they have changed Smart RAM listening to the users from ASC5 Beta1 to ASC5 Beta2.

They will only remove a function if they think the function is no use or effecting the whole purpose negatively.

Cheers.

Performance monitor

Hi ... performance monitor does need to become an option you can turn on or off.

I use it and just gives a quick warm & fuzzy that things are in order. I never experienced anything negative by using it other than it would disappear on it's own from time to time. I also provide support to my mothers pc remotely and status monitor is great to get a reading on her pc. She really liked it too. I agree with the other post that the status monitor was different and pretty cool. Just deleting it in new rev and not telling anybody makes the people who liked it think that it's broken and they all start trying to fix it themselves. Tinkering, re-installing and generally getting aggravated with product is not the result you want from customers when putting out a new rev. Anyway.... please add it back in as option on new rev. Which brings me to last point. If it was taken out why does the option to enable it still exist?

Great product by the way !

• 1 month later...

Performance Monitor missing in ASC Pro 4.2

Just got running today. Installed on two XP machines. One is OK, the other is missing the Performance Monitor. I expect a follow up call from Tech Support tomorrow, so may have some input. (I did not try to reboot)

• 3 weeks later...

Another vote for bringing back the performance monitor

I really liked the performance monitor, but my recent upgrade to ASC v5 took it away. Sad.

In case anyone is gathering votes, please put me down as wanting it back, please.

Is there a setting somewhere that I could get it back "unofficially" maybe?

Archived