IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

How to disable boot time defrag alltogether

joelore

Hi,

In StartDefrag 2 under setting/Boot time Defrag there are options for WHEN to run it but no option to disable it at all. In Sysinternals Autoruns under Boot Execute "smartdefragboottime.exe" is always there. I can remove it but on the next reboot it is back.

How can I disable boot time defrag alltogether. I just want to be able to run it manualy every month or so and I want no auto loading or automation at all.

Thanks,

Joe

Hi joelore

It is true that you in the setting cannot set it to less than once a month if run automatically.

For the use you plan: Deselect automatic defrag and boot time defrag by clicking the Yes in both instances in the bar - they will then change to no.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8326&stc=1&d=1316348798

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi,

In StartDefrag 2 under setting/Boot time Defrag there are options for WHEN to run it but no option to disable it at all. In Sysinternals Autoruns under Boot Execute "smartdefragboottime.exe" is always there. I can remove it but on the next reboot it is back.

How can I disable boot time defrag alltogether. I just want to be able to run it manualy every month or so and I want no auto loading or automation at all.

Thanks,

Joe

Archived