IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IMF and Windows 8 Developer Preview

Buddahfan

I had a Netbook lying around with Windows 7 SP1 x32 installed on it. I also had licensed copies of IMF and ASC running on it along with Smart Defrag. Since I wasn't using the Netbook for anything I decided to install Windows 8 Developer Preview on it.

At first I did an upgrade from W7. I then tried to install my AV product; i.e., Avast Internet Security on it. That did not work at all. The AIS installation killed W8 to the point where I needed to re-install W8.

This time I did a clean install. Then I deleted the all the non Windows 8 programs that Windows 8 had put in a folder named Old.Windows or something like that.

Here are my questions

1. Is IObit testing IMF and ASC with Windows 8?

2. Any idea when I might safely install them along with Smart Defrag on my Netbook with Windows 8?

I was able to install IMF Pro on W8 Developer Preview without any incompatibility issues. The scans and updates appear to be working fine.

All Real-Time Protection is indicated as on.

I have found two issues in the "Overview section"

1. No stats are showing

2. Graph is moving but nothing is showing as being scanned.

Note: I am using Browser FF 7.0 B5 and IE 10 on the W8 DP x32 computer.

I know that this is way ahead of the curve by about a year or so but I thought I would pass it along in case someone has some time to look at it.8:)

Thanks

If I find anything else I will pass it along.

Final update for now.

Items that appear to be working

1. Auto update

2. Auto scan

3. Manual scan

4. Scans appear to be finding Malware or at least False Positives:-D (see my post yesterday under False Positives. The False Positives I reported yesterday are now fixed:-D)

5. In the Overview section it appears that Files Scanned and Threats Found is working correctly.

Items that appear not to be working

1. Real-Time scanning

1a. There is no information appearing under System, Web or USB within the Overview section

1b. There is no information showing in the Graph within the Overview section.

1c. During program installs I have not observed IMF checking and messaging to Allow or to Block through the pop-up.

Archived