IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

How can this be?

george3095

I have several computers: two run different distributions of Linux; two run Windows 7 64 bit; one runs Windows XP; and one runs Apple Leopard. I ran Advanced Systemcare on the XP machine and it announced a new version, which I downloaded and installed. Just for kicks, I ran one feature that would do a quick scan of the hard drive. When it finished, it announced that I had two malware programs. I checked the Program Files directory and, sure enough, there were two directories presumably containing the program files for the two malware apps. First red flag: one directory was empty; the other had an executable that was not installed. Second red flag, I had NEVER installed the two programs or created the two directories - not even the empty one. My first guess: the update planted the two directories and the files in one of them. Iobit, this is underhanded.

Which malware programs did you have directories for?

Are they Microsoft created programs or 3rd-party programs?

Which ASC utility found the malware software directories?

(I have run all of them, I think, and don't remember any that reported other security software)

Archived