IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Keyboard not working in Boot Defrag

Tomorrow

Funny thing is it worked before in v2.1 or something but somewhere along 2.2 it broke.

It's not my PC issue as im able to easily use it in BIOS and all pre-boot software and i can easily see that it's initialised during boot as i have backlight on it (Logitech G11 USB 2.0).

But still the ENTER & ESC keys are not working during Boot Defrag so i have to wait it out.Anyone have the same problem?

• 5 weeks later...

Ver 2.2 keyboard error

Hi Tomorrow

Just seen your post. I had EXACTLY the same problem, so I found and downloaded a copy of defrag 2.1, uninstalled 2.2 completely using Revo Uninstaller (if it made any difference), and then installed 2.1. I can now use the ESC key to exit the boot defrag on start up as before. I only downside is on every start up I get a box asking me if I want to update to 2.2. Anybody know how to stop that?

Keyboard not working in boot defrag

Hi Cicely

I am now using 2.1 which works perfectly insofar as I can set boot defrag to "every boot" and exit using ESC on the keyboard on start up if I wish. This is better for me as the computer runs all the time. The keyboard will not respond to exit SmartDefrag on start up with 2.2, but all other keyboard start up functions are normal. My keyboard is wireless (Logitech K520), but I have tried a standard wired HP keyboard with the same results.

I have a HP computer using Windows 7 64 bit SP1 Ultimate. If you need more information about my hardware I can write again.

Regards.

Keyboard not working in boot defrag

Hi Cicely

One thing I forgot in my last message.

With 2.1 the first message on the screen on startup is "Initializing Keyboard", then it goes to the countdown screen.

With 2.2 it goes straight to the countdown screen.

Seems an obvious comment, but it might help.

Regards.

Hi mal007,

Thanks for your feedback.:smile:

Our engineers have developed a tool to solve this issue, please kindly help us finish the following steps.

1)Please tick the item "Every boot" in the settings of Boot Time Defrag.

2)Please extract the attached file to get SmartDefragBootTime.exe, then please replace the original SmartDefragBootTime.exe under windows\system32.

3)Reboot your PC to finish a Boot Time Defrag.(NOTE: please push the "ESC" and "Enter" keys several times during the Boot Time Defrag)

4)Please find and send us the Log folder under the program files of Smart Degrag.

Usual path: C:\Program Files\IObit\Smart Defrag 2 or C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Smart Defrag 2

5)Please delete the SmartDefragBootTime.exe under windows\system32.

SmartDefragBootTime.rar

Hi Cicely

Just to clarify. I am still using 2.1. Should I update to 2.2 before carrying out your request?

Secondly, according to your instructions, I end up without a SmartDefragBootTime.exe file in windows/system32. Is that correct?

Regards

Hi mal007,

Sorry for the ambiguity and delay of reply.

1)Please update it to Smart Dfrag 2.2, it will help us look into this issue.:smile:

2)About your second question, please turn off Boot Time Defrag after you delete the SmartDefragBootTime.exe. Then please turn on Boot Time Defrag again, SD will create a SmartDefragBootTime.exe automatically.

Should you have any other question, pelase feel free to contact us.

We'd really appreciate your help.

Hi Cicely

I have attached the log with three start ups after installing NEW SmartDefragBootTime.exe. All worked perfectly. ESC bypassed boot defrag, ENTER started boot defrag immediately. I have now deleted the new file and the program has recreated another SDBT.exe and we are as before. ie. there is no response from the keyboard.

Log.rar

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived