IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IMF IObit Malware Fighter Quitting [SOLVED by IMF 1.2 debug version 1.2.0.16]

Ive been using IMF IObit Malware Fighter on windows XP for about a year. I was impressed with the program so I purchased the pro version for my new pc running windows 7 64 bit.

However the program loads then after a few seconds quits, I have tried running in as an administrator and the same happens.

My version is 1.2

I need to sort this issue out as I am securing my new pc.

Any ideas peeps

Carl

Hi Carl

Is the computer running on power or battery - is the battery fully loaded?

Were your install a Clean Install?

Cheers

solbjerg

Ive been using IMF IObit Malware Fighter on windows XP for about a year. I was impressed with the program so I purchased the pro version for my new pc running windows 7 64 bit.

However the program loads then after a few seconds quits, I have tried running in as an administrator and the same happens.

My version is 1.2

Any ideas peeps

Carl

Ok Carl

I am running XP and version 1.11 - I will try version 1.2 and comment again - especially if I find something amiss. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

The pc is on power as it is a tower, I have done a couple of clean installs. It worked ok as the free version but after paying for the licence it wont work. :evil::evil:

I disabled internet in my network connections for the purpose of testing IMF. The program woks fine this way. This is a Joke Solbjerg it says 100% money back guarantee on the iobit website.

Everything else is working fine on my pc. How do I get a refund the after sales and support are awful. This is not an attack on you rather than iobit. Automated emails bouncing back at ya isnt my idea of support.

Yes, Avast seems to be the Worst about causing problems with other security programs running at same time.

I'm not saying that is really a Bad thing, if it is Avast causing it,

maybe Avast designed their program that way to prevent any other programs controling the system?

I seems that Avast should give a warning message though, when and if it encounters other security software?

Are you running Other Security programs at same time as IMF?

Such as Avast or Norton?

I've read reports of conflect problems with those two programs.

I never had any problem before 1.2. Nothing else changed on my computer when I did the install of 1.2 except 1.2 doesn't work

Maybe there is a problem between and/or among IMF 1.2 and my other security software, Avast Internet Security. Windows Defender. SuperAntispyware.

1.2 also does not work correctly on my netbook x32 with W8 DP. However, 1.2 does run just not correctly. I have already addressed this on the link above. See above.

My guess is there is some conflict between 1.2 and Windows SP1 x64 and not with my other security software.

Please don't suggest I remove any of the other security software. It all works great with 1.1.

I will try future releases and betas to see if they solve the problem. If not I will just roll back to 1.1. Still get the signatures so no problem with 1.1 and that security pack was working great for me.

Hopefully a future IMF executable will be able to install and run properly.

"Please don't suggest I remove any of the other security software. It all works great with 1.1."

Yes im with Buddahfan on this, Everything else and i mean everything is running perfectly on my p.c. IMF 1.1 works like a charm. The issue seems to be with 1.2. If there was conflicts between Avast etc im sure 1.1 wouldn't work either.

Same problem here guys

I'm running Win 7 Ultimate SP1 64 bit with ESET Smart Security 4 and Spybot Search and Destroy (all fully updated).

IMF 1.2 starts at boot and then quits. The service in the task manager processes (IMFsrv.exe) thought seems to

be still there. So I gather, there is some problem with the gui. But no gui means no protection as I understand.

I also have IMF 1.2 installed on a Windows XP Professional SP3 32 bit machine (along with ESET Smart Security 4

and Spybot) and works fine.

So, fix it guys. It's a great piece of software.

Cheers,

Mars Engine

Carl Mac and Buddahfan are right. This is not caused by any incompatibility with other security software. And there

is no way in freaking hell I'm giving up ESET (or Spybot) :evil: . Security 360 works fine with them. IMF 1.1 works fine

with them. So it's IMF 1.2 that has the problem.

Hi Carl Mac

As far as I can see you have not corresponded with any IObit staff here in the forum.

Do you mean correspondence with IObit support?

Hopefully IObit will find out what seems to be the problem for some people with version 1.2

Cheers

solbjerg

Yeah Mars it is in the task bar, but if you hold your mouse pointer over it, It will dissapear. The problem is deffo 1.2 and not other security software like some Iobit staff like to suggest.

Cheers for your input.

. The problem is deffo 1.2 and not other security software like some Iobit staff like to suggest.

Hey, I'm Not IObit Staff.

I'm just trying to help Locate the problem with a suggestion. :-D

Personally I use either AVG or Stopzilla along with MSE, and have No problems.

What is interesting is that CNET is still linking to 1.11 download and not yet 1.2.

I know that CNET is not the be all end all of websites to download software but it is very popular. CNET is showing close to 6 million downloads for IMF and you can download all of IObit's products from there. They are also usually pretty quick to link to the latest "official" update. So it seems strange that they are still only showing 1.11 and not 1.2

http://download.cnet.com/IObit-Malware-Fighter/3000-8022_4-10967594.html

ISTM that 1.2.0.8 does not pass the smell test; i.e. people having problems with it, not yet available on CNET no news about it on the IObit website front page.

Was 1.2.0.8 an official update of IMF or did some one upload to the sight where it is available for download a development update that was never meant to be released?

Hi Carl Mac,

We are so sorry for the issue happened to you and sorry for the late reply too.

This is a bug in the latest 1.2 version. Our coders are working hard on this to solve it ASAP.

As soon as this problem solved, I will update this replay and give you a download link of the fixed version.

Thank you for you feedback.

Best Regards.

My version is 1.2

Any ideas peeps

Carl

Cheers itobe, Im using 1.1 and all is fine, It would have saved me a lot of time and effort to have known this a few days ago but thanks anyway....

Buddahfan is correct also I downloaded 1.1 from CNET which was the only place I gould find 1.1

Regards

Hi Carl Mac,

The latest version which solved the "quitting bug" is ready. You can download Here.

Would you please have a try and let us know the result.

Tons of thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers itobe, Im using 1.1 and all is fine, It would have saved me a lot of time and effort to have known this a few days ago but thanks anyway....

Buddahfan is correct also I downloaded 1.1 from CNET which was the only place I gould find 1.1

Regards

Archived