IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC 4.1 PRO Registry Cleaner

Hi msw

(by the way - don't leave your e-mail address out in the open for spambots to pick up.)

The naming of these items is a little ambiguous, High Risk is not the same as High priority.

It rather means that you run a higher risk of something going wrong if you clean them away without checking thoroughly first if it will be alright.

This has been talked about often in the forum - it should be easy to find some threads and posts on this subject.

Cheers

solbjerg

Okay, normally I just let the system scan and repair automatically and leave it at that.

I'm curious though, because even though it may come up with 211 problems it will only fix, say, 8 items and those are almost always low or medium risk and rarely Registry items, but application paths or Active X issues.

When I look at the remaining 203 items, those seem to be 90% High Risk and ALL Registry issues.

Why is this and shouldn't these higher priority items concern me (and ASC)more than medium or low ones.

I see people complaining about losing this or that after scanning, but I have an idea there's more to it than simply scanning. Could the removal of some of the things I'm talking about be giving them problems? Or more to the point, will I have problems if I remove these 203 high priority issues.

I'm at the end of my second year with the pro version and I think I'm ready to learn something now. :?

Thank you for any forthcoming help....

I don't think you can change your User name,

so it would probably be best to create another User name to use.

Sorry, if you did not appreciate my little joke,

but most of us on this website are Not IObit Pros. :wink:

I'm not sure, since you deleted it, but if I remember correctly you were mostly asking questions only the programmers could answer,

and I think they Never visit this website.

There are IObit employees that do reply though, when they have determined that there is a Real problem that needs taking care of.

I personally am here to 'Learn', 'Help' when I can and most importantly to have a little 'Fun' sometime. :grin:

Learning, Helping and having Fun, those are what is Improtant!

Hi Toppack

You are right about the user name. Best course will be to create another user-name.

He has been a member a couple of months longer than you and describes himself in his first post as astute and a fast learner.

As you say - this is a User Forum - but it is visited by IObit employees - lately fairly often.

A couple of years ago I had contact with one of the programmers - I had a problem in AWC and he sent me a repair file that took care of the problem - a couple of days later they updated the program. He told me that most of the programmers were reluctant to correspond with users while they felt that they weren't sufficiently proficient in English for that. (I was his first pen-pal as he put it)

(IObit is a Chinese company - situated in the middle of China - Chengdu)

Jokes are often best understood face to face.

Mark Twain's joke about having never kicked his mother was of course not literally true - every embryo kicks their mothers while in the womb. :-)

Nevada Burial was a long story, so you would have to be unusually dense to not to grasp that the story was meant to be humorous.

Cheers

solbjerg

I don't think you can change your User name,

so it would probably be best to create another User name to use.

Sorry, if you did not appreciate my little joke,

but most of us on this website are Not IObit Pros. :wink:

I'm not sure, since you deleted it, but if I remember correctly you were mostly asking questions only the programmers could answer,

and I think they Never visit this website.

There are IObit employees that do reply though, when they have determined that there is a Real problem that needs taking care of.

I personally am here to 'Learn', 'Help' when I can and most importantly to have a little 'Fun' sometime. :grin:

Learning, Helping and having Fun, those are what is Improtant!

Archived