IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Any settings changes for ASC v4 when using windows 7 on my SSD?

Don86

Hi Don

Please provide a screenshot of your defragment settings for us to be able to respond.

I will say though that I wouldn't defrag a Solid State Disk

I have set the level that instigates a defragmentation of my C:\ drive at 3% I think the default level is 5% - I saw somewhere that the delay caused by fragmentation began to rise more sharply at 3% - but even 5% doesn't cause much delay.

If you have the Pro version you can choose the Optimal defragmentation, but I prefer to use the SmartDefrag program for that - I get more options that way.

At the top you can choose which disk to defrag - usually it will be C:\ but if you have a non-standard setup you can choose another disk.

Cheers

solbjerg

As above.

Is this program is more for HDD than SSD?

I saw that there's alot of defragmentation option in the settings that i don't know which one to turn off. Please advise.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Toppack and Don

My settings are like Toppack's exept that I haven't ticked "Skip files larger than 1 Gb."

My largest file is around 300 Mb so I saw no reason to use that option.

I don't use Autodefrag and neither do I use scheduled defrag. Boot defrag every 30 days or if/when I feel like it. :-)

Nothing in my exclusion list.

I don't have SSD - but if I had I would not defrag it.

Cheers

solbjerg

ASC Disk-defrag settings page, second checkbox.

See attachment:

Archived