IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

5.2.1 Report(fixes and feature-requests)

captainron

Features:

1. Show window title+process file name in toolbox process explorer
  2. Icon Cache delete/refresh in tool box>Win Fix>Advanced Fix(notify requires relog or reboot)
  3. Indexing service on/off in tool box>system control>drive
  4. System backup service on/off in tool box>system control>drive
  5. Ability to delete old system restore points and windows-update restore points
  6. Tool in tool box to wipe 'Free Space' with secure wipe options under clean
  7. Tool to secure wipe external storage(flash and magnetic) under clean
  8. Startup manager doesn't list ASC service and some other startup locations. Better scanning
  9. Better explanation of the cloud feature, maybe in a click>page launch or the hover-tip?
  10. Better management/updating of Internet Booster
  11. The following settings need summarized tips on hover:
    • quick care>registry fix options
    • quick care>privacy sweep options
    • quick care>junk files clean options
    • deep care>registry fix options
    • deep care>privacy sweep options
    • deep care>junk files clean options
    • auto clean options

Bugs:

1. 218 firefox block-domain bug still in this build(has been since at least 4.0 beta)
  2. Deletion of top-level folder in AppData and Program Files(sometimes it only does sub folders) in Uninstaller(I'm on 2.0 final)
  3. About window specifies old version

Hi captainron,

I agree with you for all, but 6. and 7. are already available in IObit File Shredder in Toolbox.

Did I misunderstand your description?

Cheers.

Using file shredder and DOD method on my 2GB thumb drive, right after I recovered every file using undelete.

For #6, Free Space is just junk journal data on NTFS and FAT file systems, CCleaner cleans it. It supposedly helps report correct volume information and speed up read/write times.

Well the thing i found is that i had too go into the settings too turn off Active Boost i think there is a kinda issue there some where be cause on the made load page of ASC where u have Quick care Deep care Tool box works fine but if i tried too shut down the turbo boost while it was on on the asc icon it would not shut off So i had too go through the settings too turn it off.And if i try too load up again i have too make sure Smart Ram is off or if i wanna use Active boost i have too make sure the smart ram is off in asc 4 i never had that issue i could have both of them on at the same time but with this won i can not.It's either won or the other that i have too have on.Add Turbo boost too your list.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi captainron,

Did you restart your PC to see whether it is OK? If not, please have a try.;-)

If it still doesn't work, please provide more details about the issue.

(1)Please describe what operations you have done before the issue occured.:?:

(2)Please let us know the Operating System of your PC.:roll:

Hi captainron,

Did you restart your PC to see whether it is OK? If not, please have a try.;-)

If it still doesn't work, please provide more details about the issue.

(1)Please describe what operations you have done before the issue occured.:?:

(2)Please let us know the Operating System of your PC.:roll:

deep scan

ascservice.exe still running consuming my cpu cycles and ram when auto clean is disabled. There is no reason for this service to be running.

Hi captainron,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

ascservice.exe is the service of our program ASC. So it will always run at the background. But it will not comsume much your CPU and memory.

From what I see, when autoclean is disabled it has no purpose and just consumes resources. It looks as if it just monitors for window calls for logon and logoff.

Archived