IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Regular framerate drops whilst running Gamebooster

Icorus

Ok, so the problem isn't actually Gamebooster but a process Gamebooster is trying to stop, basically without Gamebooster running this laptop that im using has abysmally low framerate (About 10 FPS) but with it running it goes all the way to 60 FPS, the problem is that I think there is a single process causing this ridiculously low FPS and I think that when im running Gamebooster the process keeps trying to start itself up again, causing my framerate to drop drastically, All the way back down to 10, for a few seconds before returning to normal.

My question is whether anybody knows what process could be causing this problem and if you know it then how do I stop it, and short of that if there is any way I can view what processes Gamebooster is stopping.

The OS is Windows Vista Home Edition and im using Gamebooster 2.

I'll also mention that this laptop did come with Norton pre-installed though we did get rid of it after much effort.

Hi Icorus

What is the setting for the update speed of your screen - less than 60-75 hz?

Right click desktop - choose properties, . choose the tab Screen - choose Advanced - and take a look.

It ought to be at least 60 - better yet 75 hz which means that it will update 75 times per second.

The human eye can conciously only distinguish frames at about 15 times per second, but subconsciously up to 50 I think, and this will make one tired at looking at it even though you do not consciously see it. Therefore 60 or 75 is to be preferred. This is as far as I remember.

Please look it up.

Cheers

solbjerg

Ok, so the problem isn't actually Gamebooster but a process Gamebooster is trying to stop, basically without Gamebooster running this laptop that im using has abysmally low framerate (About 10 FPS) but with it running it goes all the way to 60 FPS, the problem is that I think there is a single process causing this ridiculously low FPS and I think that when im running Gamebooster the process keeps trying to start itself up again, causing my framerate to drop drastically, All the way back down to 10, for a few seconds before returning to normal.

My question is whether anybody knows what process could be causing this problem and if you know it then how do I stop it, and short of that if there is any way I can view what processes Gamebooster is stopping.

The OS is Windows Vista Home Edition and im using Gamebooster 2.

I'll also mention that this laptop did come with Norton pre-installed though we did get rid of it after much effort.

Hi Icorus

What was the setting when you first looked - 60 hz?

How high can you choose?

A restart of the computer after changing the update rate is probably a good idea.

Cheers

solbjerg

Sadly all changing it to 75 hz does is make everything slightly blurry, the framerate problem is still there though, thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Archived