IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

I am infected

no and yes

i've done several registry repairs before, but i could tell you if they conicided the issue i'm realizing is that if i come up on the home page and hit no links then IE9 is broken, but if i right click> open in a new tab then IE9 works fine so I don't know if it was ever fixed admist all this. trying to delet cookies no longer shuts off my comp and my phone is registering again when i plugg it in so I'm pretty sure where good here i belive there isn't any more bugs on the machine and i relly apreciate every ones help.

The reason I asked you was that I had glitchy/problematic IE a couple of months ago when I deep cleaned my registry and fixed all issues without checking it out. I damaged my windows/explorer and had to reimage my machine. I put that forth to you as a possibility in your case but I do not know... and urge you to learn about proper usage of the registry repair function of ASC and the risk levels associated with it to avoid similar problems.

-Sincerely

Mel

Live long and prosper!

P.S. I will but out of your thread now Dave! Thanks!

yup

I agree and i know i've been recless with it in the pass. I just don't understand why it's working after some of the things we've done and then stops working again. So I'm at an impass i apreciate the help very much, but i also realize my machine is having conflicts and after some reading i didn't set up my raid array correctly so at this point i'm going to move on and do a fresh install I just wanted to make sure that nothing on here is going to mess with that at this point.

IE a couple of months ago when I deep cleaned my registry and fixed all issues without checking it out. I damaged my windows/explorer and had to reimage my machine.

Even the experts stay away from the Registry. Please don't advocate that route.

Painrage, please boot with your OS Disk and choose Repair.

EDIT: I think you have misunderstood Melvin Deal, he is not advocating that route, contrary he says that he had problems because of using registry cleaning and warns to be careful if painrage uses registry cleaner of ASC again .

back

got every thing back up and installed fresh I'm liking the spy bot and spy blaster. i opted not to re install maleware fighter and was shoked about how much of game blasters install was flagged as worm. so thanks again wer back in bussiness

got every thing back up and installed fresh I'm liking the spy bot and spy blaster. i opted not to re install maleware fighter and was shoked about how much of game blasters install was flagged as worm. so thanks again wer back in bussiness

It's too bad that you had to do a re-install. Good luck.

tfc old timer is safe today concerning insertion of malware/spyware. tfc will only partially clean your system though... temp files only. The Iobit utility privacy sweeper will safely remove many more... and there are other effective cleaning utilities as well. I have attached a couple of screenshots of the privacy sweeper located in AdvancedSystemCare for you but if you wish to learn about system cleaning, I would post a new inquiry and open a thread outside of the Malware removal section of this forum where you can have the feedback of all the senior forum members.

What security check do you refer to? And to use what every once in awhile, tfc old timer yes, other software... depends on what you refer to. Are you referring to Norton Security Check by Symantic?

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi Melvin

You are right - better to discus the subject in another location.

For example here: http://forums.iobit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20

By the way in IMF you can see the number of blocked malware items - they call it fingerprints, and currently the database version 1073 has the fingerprint of 414928 malware items.

Cheers

solbjerg

tfc old timer is safe today concerning insertion of malware/spyware. tfc will only partially clean your system though... temp files only. The Iobit utility privacy sweeper will safely remove many more... and there are other effective cleaning utilities as well. I have attached a couple of screenshots of the privacy sweeper located in AdvancedSystemCare for you but if you wish to learn about system cleaning, I would post a new inquiry and open a thread outside of the Malware removal section of this forum where you can have the feedback of all the senior forum members.

What security check do you refer to? And to use what every once in awhile, tfc old timer yes, other software... depends on what you refer to. Are you referring to Norton Security Check by Symantic?

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived