IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Boot Time Defrag Faulty?

smallbear

Please choose Only next boot , Turn On Boot Time Defrag, restart the PC and let us know the result.

Cheers.

That worked, and now it's defaulted back to 'every 7 days', which is the recommended setting.

Is there any harm in running it every day - if the 'every 7' doesn't work?

Hi smallbear

You can do it each day if you want.

As I understand you - you have chosen your settings.

But you must remember to activate the Boot defrag too.

It can be done in two ways - either click/doubleclick on the no under the coloumn Boot defrag - it will them change to yes - or you can open the boot defrag window and choose to activate it there by clicking the button "Turn on".

I think the reason it didn't run a boot defrag by you was that you had forgotten to activate the function.

Cheers

solbjerg

That worked, and now it's defaulted back to 'every 7 days', which is the recommended setting.

Is there any harm in running it every day - if the 'every 7' doesn't work?

Hi smallbear

You can do it each day if you want.

As I understand you - you have chosen your settings.

But you must remember to activate the Boot defrag too.

It can be done in two ways - either click/doubleclick on the no under the coloumn Boot defrag - it will them change to yes - or you can open the boot defrag window and choose to activate it there by clicking the button "Turn on".

I think the reason it didn't run a boot defrag by you was that you had forgotten to activate the function.

Cheers

solbjerg

"Boot time defrag is activated on this volume" appears in green lettering on the boot-time tab, that's always been there.

I've just upgraded to 2.2 so I'll see if that makes any difference.

For comparison's sake, my wife's computer has the same issue. Hers is a much older Thinkpad (an R52). Both now have v2.2 on them, so time will tell.

Hi smallbear

Perhaps you have to coordinate the scheduled defrag with the boot defrag?

I do it manually always.

Cheers

solbjerg

"Boot time defrag is activated on this volume" appears in green lettering on the boot-time tab, that's always been there.

I've just upgraded to 2.2 so I'll see if that makes any difference.

For comparison's sake, my wife's computer has the same issue. Hers is a much older Thinkpad (an R52). Both now have v2.2 on them, so time will tell.

Archived