IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Anyone else having an issue with passwords that you positively know are correct?

ctuckerini

Is anyone getting reset responses from Cicely? I find it extremely hard to believe that an application that relies so heavily on passwords has no "reset" mechanizm other than a "PM and wait"....furthermore an application that doesn't recognize KNOWN good passwords. Anyone else having an issue with passwords that you positively know are correct?

Hi ctuckerini

I don't use the application, - but a reset button? That sounds like a security hole that beats the purpose of of the application!

Futhermore - my guess is that this reset button would have to be protected by yet another password.

This will also be in danger of being forgotten - especially if you don't write it down on a piece of paper and save it some place that only you know about.

This I suppose is the reason that the reset procedure goes through Cicely by PM's!

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. I think that people using this application have to be very organized.

Is anyone getting reset responses from Cicely? I find it extremely hard to believe that an application that relies so heavily on passwords has no "reset" mechanizm other than a "PM and wait"....furthermore an application that doesn't recognize KNOWN good passwords. Anyone else having an issue with passwords that you positively know are correct?

Hi ctuckerini

I don't use the application, - but a reset button? That sounds like a security hole that beats the purpose of of the application!

Futhermore - my guess is that this reset button would have to be protected by yet another password.

This will also be in danger of being forgotten - especially if you don't write it down on a piece of paper and save it some place that only you know about.

This I suppose is the reason that the reset procedure goes through Cicely by PM's!

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. I think that people using this application have to be very organized.

Security hole? ..ok, I halfway will buy that but all credit card companies have a mechanism for it? Are they not secure (at least as secure as a free folder protection app...and yes I know I get what I pay for). There are other bits of personal information that can be required other than "yet another password". Additionally, say I buy it fully and I have to pm cicely for a reset. I did that over 24 hrs ago and still have heard nothing back so what is the time frame for response, since you're an admin?

If you're stating that I'm not organized because this password doesn't work I believe you missed the title of the post.

Hi ctuckerini

Please read this thread to find out who is who: :-)

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=6170

I think that Cicely usually responds quicker than that, but I don't know the circumstances.

When I write back I also write for people that may read the thread, therefore I am not saying that you aren't organized - what I did say was:

I think that people using this application have to be very organized.

Which is my advice to people using it!!

Cheers

solbjerg

Security hole? ..ok, I halfway will buy that but all credit card companies have a mechanism for it? Are they not secure (at least as secure as a free folder protection app...and yes I know I get what I pay for). There are other bits of personal information that can be required other than "yet another password". Additionally, say I buy it fully and I have to pm cicely for a reset. I did that over 24 hrs ago and still have heard nothing back so what is the time frame for response, since you're an admin?

If you're stating that I'm not organized because this password doesn't work I believe you missed the title of the post.

Hi ctuckerini

Please read this thread to find out who is who: :-)

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=6170

I think that Cicely usually responds quicker than that, but I don't know the circumstances.

When I write back I also write for people that may read the thread, therefore I am not saying that you aren't organized - what I did say was:

I think that people using this application have to be very organized.

Which is my advice to people using it!!

Cheers

solbjerg

I need a password reset ...I don't need to know the hierarchy of iobit's forum.

If you have "Administrator" under your name I'll refer to you as an admin, I apologize if that is incorrect. If it is incorrect and it offends you to be called an admin, change it so it isn't advertised as such. I'm not intenting to get in a pissing contest with you I just need a password reset and it seems like I'm getting nothing but smart responses (or no response from the apparently only one person at iobit that can help)

Since you are reading my posts and you are here to help and I've made you aware that it has been over 24 hrs since pm and nothing has happened (I also just sent another before you suggest that I did something wrong) is there a line you can drop to anyone that can assist me in resetting this password or is my data just captive forever now?

Ok ctuckerini

I think you will just have to wait for Cicely to respond to yor PM's.

Cheers

solbjerg

I need a password reset ...I don't need to know the hierarchy of iobit's forum.

If you have "Administrator" under your name I'll refer to you as an admin, I apologize if that is incorrect. If it is incorrect and it offends you to be called an admin, change it so it isn't advertised as such. I'm not intenting to get in a pissing contest with you I just need a password reset and it seems like I'm getting nothing but smart responses (or no response from the apparently only one person at iobit that can help)

Since you are reading my posts and you are here to help and I've made you aware that it has been over 24 hrs since pm and nothing has happened (I also just sent another before you suggest that I did something wrong) is there a line you can drop to anyone that can assist me in resetting this password or is my data just captive forever now?

Archived