IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

WinGrep, MyLANViewer, SanityCheck

captainron

Here are three utilities I use almost daily.

MyLanViewer is great for mapping networks and finding shares and info about connected computers.

WinGrep integrates in to shell/right-click and searches file names and contents. You can specify extensions and some other things, but I usually just do basic string searches. Windows Search has always shown inaccurate results for me, and this is the best search utility I've come across.

SanityCheck Is a anti-rootkit. It's pretty good as far as anti-rootkits go, but the real reason I use it is it has 64bit support. Most anti-rootkits don't. Actually the only ones I've found were this and the avast beta anti-rootkit based on gmer. There are at least 5 64bit rootkits in existance despite the popular claim that they don't work on 64bit. One of them is TDL4/TDSS which gets updates every 2 weeks.

Windows Grep is a tool for searching files for text strings that you specify. Although Windows and many other programs have file searching capabilities built-in, none can match the power and versatility of Windows Grep.

http://www.wingrep.com

network ip scanner

MyLanViewer network scanner / IP scanner is a powerful NetBIOS and IP scanner, whois and traceroute tool, remote shutdown and Wake-On-Lan manager, LAN messenger and network monitor. The program displays your network computers in an easy to read, buddy-list style window that provides the machine names, IP addresses, MAC addresses, shared resources and other technical details for each computer. MyLanViewer network scanner / IP scanner supports remote shutdown, wake-on-lan, lock workstation, log off, sleep, hibernate, reboot and power off. It is able to monitor IP and show notifications when the states of some computers change. MyLanViewer network scanner / IP scanner can also view and access shared folders, terminate user sessions, disable shared resources, show netstat information and detect rogue DHCP servers. The program easy to install and use, and has a user-friendly and beautiful interface. It's really fast network scanner and IP scanner.

http://www.mylanviewer.com/network-scanner.html

SanityCheck is an advanced rootkit and malware detection tool for Windows which thoroughly scans the system for threats and irregularities which indicate malware or rootkit behavior. By making use of special deep inventory techniques, this program detects hidden and spoofed processes, hidden threads, hidden drivers and a large number of hooks and hacks which are typically the work of rootkits and malware. It offers a comprehensible report which gives a detailed explanation of any irregularities found and offers suggestions on how to solve or further investigate any situation.

http://www.resplendence.com/sanity

Archived