IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Virtual-Machine Software ?

Toppack

Anyone here familiar with the new Virtual-Machine software that allows Many different Operating systems to be running on one computer (server usually) ?

The VM software goes between the physical-hardware (and their driver software) and the OS. The hardware drivers are no longer in the OS you are using.

This allows a complete system to be copied, in a single file on a flashdrive, to another computer,

with different hardware, with no problems.

Which solves a lot of problems with hardware upgrades and failures.

But I'm wondering how difficult the VM software is to configure?

Is there a great deal of Manual settings or is it fairly automatic?

And how is the hardware-driver software Installed, if the driver wants to install in the OS?

I'm assuming it works similar to the way Virtual-XP runs on a W-7 OS computer?

I've not been able to find much Info about the configure and installation process?

The software package I've been looking at is called VMware (free Player version),

but the download site is not operational now ???

Great, Thank you very much!

(and a New Version, Too)

I really need to find out more about VMware, before installing it.

The only computer available right now, for trying it,

is the one I'm using for Powershell programming and I don't want to ***** that up, if I install or configure the VM software incorrectly. :sad:

I'll just have to keep looking until I find an Instruction-Manual, I guess. :wink:

After reading some of the Manuals my first impression is that

It could get very Complicated, trying to keep track of what is 'Real' and what is 'Virtual'. :lol:

Just think how confusing it could get if you had W-7, W-8 and Linux OSs, all on the Same computer, running at the Same time, sharing resources!:shock:

It's like multiple Puzzles inside another Puzzle. :shock:

Will IObit's programs, such as Smart-defrag and ASC, run on Virtual-machines?

Or only on the Real machine, the virtuals are installed on?

I know they will not run if you are logged in as a Domain user,

but I think you can log into a Virtual-machine as Admin.

So, I think 3rd-party software should operate on VMs, but not sure about IObit's software,

which require more direct control of the hardware and system-files?

Archived