IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Newbie Question on Versions & IObit email

JWB1952

I received an email today that I am not sure represents a random mailing from IObit or is a legit offer.

I am asking because it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me.

I purchased my first version of ASC as V3 in the summer of 2010. I was prompted to upgrade which I did for a small cost to V4 this past summer.

Now I see this email that came today saying I needed to upgrade to V4.2 but yet with another $19 cost. (special deal of $12.95 US however)

I have not seem software before that charges for in between versions. (IE: 4.x to 4.x) Did I receive an innocent email or is there indeed a cost to go from 4.0 to 4.2?

If so, is every update a billable one with this software regardless of how often they appear?

I apologize for being ignorant on this but I have just been using the software (and enjoying it) but wondered about the usage requirements.

Thanks to anyone who can inform me.

JWB

Hi JWB1952!

This is not at all clear. Can you post a screenshot of the email (text body only please! make sure addresses don't show!!!!)

You purchased ASC3 in summer of 2010. I assume you purchased ASC3 PRO... as with ASC3 free you would have not had to purchase.

Then this past summer you were prompted to upgrade to version 4 and pay some more.

Was your initial pro license from the previous year expired (it lasts 12 months)?

Was it a renewal for the pro license?

If you did in fact have a pro license and it expired, then you renewed it and paid for it this past summer, then you should be good on ASC pro until next summer.

There should be no requests for further licensing costs until then. All updates and upgrades are included.

Did you ever use ASC free???

Clarity on this would be helpful!!! Your pro license should be based on time, not updates/upgrades!!!

Did you use the same computer or did you have ASC on two different machines???

Please elaborate!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Welcome

Welcome to the forum :smile:

Is this the email?

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8709&stc=1&d=1320122042

First, I believe this is a legitimate email from IObit, the links go to Avangate which is the legitimate site that handles the purchasing of IObit products.

It looks to me like the email is directed at users who have let their license lapse (did not renew) which is what they are referring to when they write:

Limited-Time Offer for IObit Old Customers!

and

Special offer available to previous IObit customers only !

I agree it could be confusing.

I got this email and I still have 8 months of valid registration but I did have a previous license number that was a 'free giveaway' before I purchased the software, maybe that's why I was sent the email.

When you purchase an IObit product your license is valid for 1 year for 1 computer.

There is no need to pay for any updates to the software during that 1 year period, just download the updated version and install it, the updated version should be automatically registered. If for some reason it isn't (might need a "clean install") contact us here for help.

Also:

The fact that there is no need to pay for updated versions is shown in the email.

EXTRA VALUE: The license for Advanced SystemCare 4.2.0 will also be valid for our upcoming version 5

This is only an offer to customers for their consideration, nobody is being forced to buy anything.

Limited-Time Offer

Special offer

All the best, woz of oz

You guys nailed the answer. I see exactly what you mean so thanks.

Yes, I purchased the "Pro Version' in the summer of 2010. I then renewed in the summer of 2011.

So my guess was correct that I am good for any new updates until my next renewal so all makes sense now.

Somewhere along the way it assumes I no longer have a license which of course I do.

So now I understand.

Thanks!

Jeff

PS - WozofOz, yes, that is the email I received. It just confused me so thanks for helping make it clear.

Archived