IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

128GB flash drives

Mr Bean

128GB flash drives with high speed And High security.

who would think that this was possible! probly not cheep I would think but reading that thy are available.

Just got hold of, 2 for $ 12 each 8 GB.. and to me that's amazing thgo there are bigger ones .

Mr Bean

Are those USB-2.0 or 3.0 drives?

Or are they SATA drives?

If they are USB-2.0, then they are already Obsolite.

I recently purchased my first USB-3.0 flash-drive and installed a 3.0 card.

It's only 8.GB though. :sad:

The latest External-drive boxes are 3.0 also, which convert from SATA at drive to USB-3.0 at computer.

3.0 is about 10 times faster than 2.0. :mrgreen:

who would think that this was possible! probly not cheep I would think but reading that thy are available.

Just got hold of, 2 for $ 12 each 8 GB.. and to me that's amazing thgo there are bigger ones .

Mr Bean

Yeah, how long before there are 500kb flashdrives or more. Carry the entire contents of your computer on a keychain :shock:

3.0 is about 10 times faster than 2.0. :mrgreen:

While copying and syncing to my flashdrive I take the opportunity to make coffee, what do I do now :cry:

All the best, woz of oz

hi there

the flash drives are called Jumpdrive high speed USB, portable storage

thy fold in there own case like a pocket knife. (twist and Turn) LEXAR

and are very fast I am real happy, with the price ,to me that's very cheep when one considers the same thing 8 gb drive cost $160 when thy made them.

and now days the same size drive are, is 4ty. bits

The thing is thy are 1/4 less in size then the 4gb flash drive I own(its case)

only reason I decided to get them was the price simply was to good to pass them up.and very handy for me to copy files (download) to them instead of the hard drive.

thy come with anti virus inbuilt(installed) and security as well if you want it.

USB disk security> and do what you like not that I bother to use that feature.

bar the scanning of unwanted rubbish.

then when reading up on them on the net saw the new ones available.

and I bet in a few years thy will also drop..not many would pay that sort of price and in a matter of time drop I be leave ..

Mr Bean

Hi Topack

Obsolete,?? well I do not know if 8gb is now considered that, but I be happy

if thy do that or regard the 16 gb as well then I would grab a couple of them as well

speed thy to ME are Fast Very and certainly happy with it

Mr Bean

Hi Mr Bean

Actually I think the largest available stick is 256 gB, but it costs about 250$ at the moment I think.

I have 2gB, 4gB, 8gB and 16gB but only for usb2

When I change my computer next year or so I will buy some usb3 sticks - by that time even the ones with large capacities will probably be very cheap.

Cheers

solbjerg

hi there

and are very fast I am real happy, with the price ,to me that's very cheep when one considers the same thing 8 gb drive cost $160 when thy made them.

and now days the same size drive are, is 4ty. bits

The thing is thy are 1/4 less in size then the 4gb flash drive I own(its case)

only reason I decided to get them was the price simply was to good to pass them up.and very handy for me to copy files (download) to them instead of the hard drive.

thy come with anti virus inbuilt(installed) and security as well if you want it.

USB disk security> and do what you like not that I bother to use that feature.

bar the scanning of unwanted rubbish.

then when reading up on them on the net saw the new ones available.

and I bet in a few years thy will also drop..not many would pay that sort of price and in a matter of time drop I be leave ..

Mr Bean

Hi Topack

Obsolete,?? well I do not know if 8gb is now considered that, but I be happy

if thy do that or regard the 16 gb as well then I would grab a couple of them as well

speed thy to ME are Fast Very and certainly happy with it

Mr Bean

Actually I think the largest available stick is 256 gB

Really ! well that I can fathom ,just over my head understanding how can one get that much on such a small thing ,and not cross files,or lose data,I have not needed one as I use the cd mostly ,but getting sick of the file not able to remove them ,using the cheaper cd as in write only,the dear one spotted the drives asked me if I would like a couple! and gratefully said yes, well I am so happy with the 2 and find it fascinating when thy light up and just cant be leave

one can store so mutch on them ,and saw the advert on 128 gb, 256 you say !

that's to much for this old man... we talked a bit on them proudly showing her

as thy loaded a few files,she suggested to me for Christmas if i would like a 32 bit one ,I near choked on the coffee, saying few dear thy be very expensive.

and she tels me no round about $30 or so ,last I heard thy were closer to $60 or there about..

any how its interesting were this is all going ,reminds me of **** Tracy ,and his watch ,when I was a boy thinking at the time that just in the comics..

Mr Bean

oh, I see the fist name stared out by the forum ? did not think it was offensive

Yeah, how long before there are 500kb flashdrives or more. Carry the entire contents of your computer on a keychain :shock:

While copying and syncing to my flashdrive I take the opportunity to make coffee, what do I do now :cry:

All the best, woz of oz

Nope, the keychain is Old-fashion. The latest is to implant the little complete computer under your skin, behind your ear.

With audio at your ear & throat and video projected directly into your eye-ball. :-D

hi there

Sorry, the ones I found called Jumpdrive by LEXAR, when doing I-search,

were the Old USB-2.0 type. So they are Yesterday's technology. :wink:

They will giving those away free as soon the as 3.0 production gets into full swing. :grin:

Hi Mr Bean

Wonder if it goes in camel-script DickTracy - well seems to be alright.

Cheers

solbjerg

Actually I think the largest available stick is 256 gB

Really ! well that I can fathom ,just over my head understanding how can one get that much on such a small thing ,and not cross files,or lose data,I have not needed one as I use the cd mostly ,but getting sick of the file not able to remove them ,using the cheaper cd as in write only,the dear one spotted the drives asked me if I would like a couple! and gratefully said yes, well I am so happy with the 2 and find it fascinating when thy light up and just cant be leave

one can store so mutch on them ,and saw the advert on 128 gb, 256 you say !

that's to much for this old man... we talked a bit on them proudly showing her

as thy loaded a few files,she suggested to me for Christmas if i would like a 32 bit one ,I near choked on the coffee, saying few dear thy be very expensive.

and she tels me no round about $30 or so ,last I heard thy were closer to $60 or there about..

any how its interesting were this is all going ,reminds me of **** Tracy ,and his watch ,when I was a boy thinking at the time that just in the comics..

Mr Bean

oh, I see the fist name stared out by the forum ? did not think it was offensive

Hi Mr Bean

I think he was portrayed by Dustin Hoffman in a film about 20 years ago?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Mr Bean

Wonder if it goes in camel-script DickTracy - well seems to be alright.

yes that's it ,you know my favourite bad guy was? Mumbles!

Used to rush to get the paper first thing look at the comics.

Mr Bean

did you ever read the comics and have that in your paper when a young boy?

long time ago is it not ,but remember that darn watch had me fascinated at the time,remembering there was no such thing as TV .or rather we did not have one nor any one around us where we lived at the time,if I remember right it was 1958 when I saw my first tv . and my dad had then perched one in 1959 but not sure tho I think that's right..

Mr Bean

Hi Mr Bean

Yes I think I read some cartoon books back in the fifties about DickTracy.

I moved out of my parents house when I was around 15-16 years old (born in 1944), and I think my parents got their first TV in 1964. (I got my own in 1966)

I remember I saw the Olympic football competion in 1960 at a friends house. (Denmark got the silver medal then!) :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

did you ever read the comics and have that in your paper when a young boy?

long time ago is it not ,but remember that darn watch had me fascinated at the time,remembering there was no such thing as TV .or rather we did not have one nor any one around us where we lived at the time,if I remember right it was 1958 when I saw my first tv . and my dad had then perched one in 1959 but not sure tho I think that's right..

Mr Bean

Hi Mr. Bean

In Rome, - the Danish goal-keeper (if I remember correctly Henry Fromm) got famous for placing a piece of gum on the left upright and then directly afterward made a save of a penalty strike (11 meters).

@ Toppack - I don't think american football was an Olympic sport?

So they played what you call soccer. :-)

@Ted

Actually the official name is Association Football

Usually most places abbreviated to Football (especially outside English speaking countries) or many also say Soccer (an Oxfordian abbreviation of association from the 1880's) :-)

First standard rules from 1863 I think.

In 1871 the Rugby Football Association was formed. (Rugby is an English school)

In 1892 the professional football started in American (Gridiron) Football

Originally over there called Collegiate Football and now usually just football.

In Australia I think they called it Victorian football (probably wasn't allowed to kick each other in the lower extremities - seen as quite Victorian in Aussie humour I think.) :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

"I saw the Olympic football competition in 1960 at a friends house.

and where were thy held?

can you remember ?

Mr Bean

hi again

Foot - ball ,football,is whats known as ,play with a round ball or round leather ball, (not torpedo shape or other shape,but a round ball ) with ones feet only ,and no hands are allowed to touch it,bar the goal keeper with in the rules ,boundary. any other sport thats uses there feet and hands ,or any stick,bat or wood ,non round leather ball,made to suit that or its version of sport is not football.

and there fore to use the name foot ball is incorrect.if its not played with out hands! and round ball.

"Actually the REAL football is called RUGBY" ,yes but incorrect use of the game played. as its played with hands(mostly) and feet ,there fore its not football. Thats why its called Rugby .many use the name football but its wrongly used.

(A thug's game played by gentlemen, Rugby, is a sport originating in England. It is a game involving a prolate spheroid ball and is a full contact form of football. There are 13 members each in 2 competing teams and they play on a rectangular grass field. The goal of the teams is to carry or kick the ball towards the opponent's goal line.}}}}

bit of research and the result below.

Football started in England around 1800. However in England, Rugby. Starting from private schools, this sport spread all over the country. Rugby footballs origins can be traced back to Rugby School, Warwickshire. In 1895, Northern Rugby Football Union was formed and in 1898 professional form of Rugby league came about. In 1897, line out was abolished. Following that, in 1906, the team strengths were reduced from 15 to 13 per year.

It is said that the real ancestor of football was a game played by the Romans called Soule (they used a bull bladder as a ball), mixed with a game called Florentine Calcio which emerged during the Renaissance.

soccer started in China or at Greece or Rome. When one looks at the time line of the civilizations, there can be conclusions about when and where did soccer start.

According to the documented manuals from the military of the Chinese during the Han Dynasty, there are clear implications of the origin of the game in China. This game has been considered as a game that utilized feet in order to score a point and win against the opposing team. The earliest civilizations that provided documents about their way of living and activities are the ancient Chinese civilizations and the Greek and Roman civilizations. From them, historians had picked up soccer's possible beginnings due to the provided evidences that presented the presence of soccer in their communities.

Clearly, soccer was not yet named as soccer back then, in China it was named as Cuju, a game that made use of the feet in order to play and win. According to documents, from the Han dynasty up to the Chinese Tang Dynasty, Cuju evolved into an extraordinary and enjoyable game for the people of China which eventually led to other countries near them to adapt this game. So it is safe to say that China is the place where soccer started. But if you think of the history of the origin of the modern soccer or association football, England is the place that marks that one.

Mr Bean

Hi Ted

Do you think my joke about Aussie humour could be true?

By the way are you a descendant from a three time offender of apple scrumping?

In the US I think they usually use the word scrumping as an euphemism of humping :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Thank you, solbjerg for your interesting comments and Mr Bean, you achieved your goal too - nice try! I hope I don't get a penalty for this:))

Hi Ted

I am so sorry for putting you in a spot! :-)

(She who must be obeyed - must certainly be obeyed) :-) (Rumpole Hilda)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi, solbjerg,

I have a few Aussie mates and their sense of humour must be great as they always roar with laughter at my jokes.

Scrumping and humping, my head is thumping and the boss will be jumping to censor my post!

Archived