IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Add Antivirus Function to Advanced SystemCare?

enoskype

nuff said

Have a nice day:smile:

Yeah because aimless opinions by people who don't know what OSI and PE are, let alone the concepts of control-flow obfuscation and memory modification in paged memory, are so much more valuable and productive to a software vendor who is trying to refine a product based around nothing but..

It's Only user termenology (Words), to be interpreted to best suit the users purpose. ;-)

:lol:

ASC.EXE, AutoCare.EXE, and AutoSweep.EXE all use Def.DBD. Def,DBD is suppose to be synced with cloud statistical data, but I've yet to see a single update to it since the cloud feature was introduced. In practicality it seems to be just a small database and a cool UI filler and marketing supplement.

Hi captainron

The coinage of the word "malware" was in the beginning used primarily to differentiate between viruses and other forms of malicious content, I think.

But as all malicious content can be percieved as malware, - viruses of course are too + nuisance files and cookies.

So today I think malware by the general public is percieved to be all forms.

Therefore in keeping with this perception of the word I think a new word is needed to define all malware that isn't viruses and other very very dangerous forms of malware.

What do you think?

Cheers

solbjerg

ASC.EXE, AutoCare.EXE, and AutoSweep.EXE all use Def.DBD. Def,DBD is suppose to be synced with cloud statistical data, but I've yet to see a single update to it since the cloud feature was introduced. In practicality it seems to be just a small database and a cool UI filler and marketing supplement.

Hi captainron

The coinage of the word "malware" was in the beginning used primarily to differentiate between viruses and other forms of malicious content, I think.

But as all malicious content can be percieved as malware, - viruses of course are too + nuisance files and cookies.

So today I think malware by the general public is percieved to be all forms.

Therefore in keeping with this perception of the word I think a new word is needed to define all malware that isn't viruses and other very very dangerous forms of malware.

What do you think?

Cheers

solbjerg

virus=inflection of other elements

rootkit=framework, usually driver based, that protects various content used by other malware

spyware=content that passivly gathers information

worm=propagation element of rootkit and/or virus and/or spyware, usually buffer overflow or net share scanner, or binary executable spread through social engineering

terminology doesn't really matter. If the cloud feature actually functioned as a statistical notifier based on remote analysis it'd be extremely effective. IObit is getting a reputation for pushing unfinished products to market though. 5 final has bug in it that have been reported since the first 4 beta, but has a lot of non-functional aesthetic additions..

Hey, 'Cloud-Technology' Sounds COOL! :mrgreen:

In AV implementations it's user-content based statistical data based on samples. File data is sent to the server or servers where all the data is harvested from users and the querying client is presented with results based on that data..as apposed to just a local database signature.

I agree that the Technology is Very 'Cloudy', :roll:

but I always thought of it as a Poor choice of words, to describe it.

To me a Cloud is something very thin and wispy, and does not relate to something Solid and Reliable. ;-)

I was refering to the fact that it is a popular 'Buzz-word' these days.

Anti-Virus to be added? GOOD IDEA.

A good idea is to add an Anti-Virus utility to ASC, but make it so you can install, and use it, or not install it. User discretion to be had here. I have had several Anti-Virus programs. Presently Norton Anti-Virus VIA Norton Security Suite, but it doesn't allow you full control, and often causes other programs to stop running, and or fails while running to compete it's tasks. I need to find a good quality Anti-Virus that works regardless of what other programs you are being ran on my computer, that would allow me to easily reverse changes made by the program. Which is not the case with Norton's Anti-Virus. It is designed to do what it does without the user having the ability to reverse most changes made without being a rocket scientist which I'm not. I used McAfee also, but not together, and it is in my opinion one of the slowest, unless used on a fast computer, and maybe still be just as slow, also in my opinion has many bugs in it's program that will even make it stop working completely. I have had some other Anti-Virus programs that I also didn't like for one reason or another. If IOBit was to add it's own Anti-Virus utility to it's software being as good as IOBit's software presently is. I'd use it because IOBit would most likely make sure it works correctly the first time, and every time as with their other software's. To IOBit: Bring on the updated ASC with a user Opt-in, Opt-out- able Anti-Virus.

I Agree Completely!

A good idea is to add an Anti-Virus utility to ASC, but make it so you can install, and use it, or not install it. User discretion to be had here. I have had several Anti-Virus programs. Presently Norton Anti-Virus VIA Norton Security Suite, but it doesn't allow you full control, and often causes other programs to stop running, and or fails while running to compete it's tasks. I need to find a good quality Anti-Virus that works regardless of what other programs you are being ran on my computer, that would allow me to easily reverse changes made by the program. Which is not the case with Norton's Anti-Virus. It is designed to do what it does without the user having the ability to reverse most changes made without being a rocket scientist which I'm not. I used McAfee also, but not together, and it is in my opinion one of the slowest, unless used on a fast computer, and maybe still be just as slow, also in my opinion has many bugs in it's program that will even make it stop working completely. I have had some other Anti-Virus programs that I also didn't like for one reason or another. If IOBit was to add it's own Anti-Virus utility to it's software being as good as IOBit's software presently is. I'd use it because IOBit would most likely make sure it works correctly the first time, and every time as with their other software's. To IOBit: Bring on the updated ASC with a user Opt-in, Opt-out- able Anti-Virus.

This thread is confusing..people act like there isn't already an AV in ASC. The only thing it doesn't have that full ones do is an HIPS and self-protect driver..

They should do things like prevent driver loading and monitor access to popular software login storage before they make another security product. MF is fully vulnerable to anything that gets past it's signature engine. The HIPS has little self-protection and can even be killed through common API..

Not confusing unless people confuse it!

"based on samples submitted by users" (cloud) maybe a safer way to gain submissions without accusations. Doesn't work!!

"prevent driver loading and monitor access to popular software login" IMF has not purported to be a firewall nor ever promoted or advertised to be one.

-Mel

P.S. To Lightsttn1_1

You have tried the worst... if you want, we can give recommendations concerning your security configuration.

"based on samples submitted by users" (cloud) maybe a safer way to gain submissions without accusations. Doesn't work!!

"prevent driver loading and monitor access to popular software login" IMF has not purported to be a firewall nor ever promoted or advertised to be one.

-Mel

P.S. To Lightsttn1_1

You have tried the worst... if you want, we can give recommendations concerning your security configuration.

How is monitoring service and file interfaces even remotely related to a packet filter? IMF already does it just not on service API and password storage locations..where most malware first hits once it has execution..

Archived