IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Can't add Skyrim shortcut to GB

Hi, I'm having a strange problem, I can't add my Skyrim exe nor a shortcut to it to GB, I drag the icon onto GB and nothing happens. Why does GB not like Skyrim?

I have to settle for launching Steam through GB, then launching Skyrim through Steam, but I have the priority boost tweaks enabled in GB, won't that make Steam boosted in priority and not Skyrim?

Thanks

Hi childofthetao,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please help us check whether you are using the latest version GB V3.1.:roll:

If not, please download the latest GB from the link below and to see whether it works.:-)

http://www.g-forums.net/general-discussion/2289-game-booster-3-download.html

Should it still doesn't work, please feel free to contact us.

GB Shutting Down after Starting Skyrim

Hi there,

In the GB options, I have it set to activate every time I turn on a steam game. Every time I launch Skyrim (from Steam) I run into some issues however. Once I press play in Steam and the Skyrim launches starts, GB turns on fine. Then once I press PLAY (to start the game) in the Skyrim launches, GB turns off. Can anyone help me out? :-?

- thatPUNKdude

Hi there,

In the GB options, I have it set to activate every time I turn on a steam game. Every time I launch Skyrim (from Steam) I run into some issues however. Once I press play in Steam and the Skyrim launches starts, GB turns on fine. Then once I press PLAY (to start the game) in the Skyrim launches, GB turns off. Can anyone help me out? :-?

- thatPUNKdude

I believe GB is activating and deactivating based on the skyrim launcher exe and not the skyrim main exe which is launched after the skyrim launcher is closed, and hence when it is closed, gaming modes shuts down, and Skyrim begins.

I personally have not managed to get GB working right with Skyrim, I just enter gaming mode manually then launch the game.

PS. To Cicely, yes I am using V3.1.

Hi childofthetao,

Thanks for your feedback and your kindness to help thatPUNKdude.:razz:

Our engineers are working on the issue of adding Skyrim exe and the shortcut , please help us look into it.

Please send us the Skyrim exe and the shortcut to us and let us know the path of Skyrim exe.

Thanks in advance!;-)

Hi childofthetao,

You are so kind, we are glad to hear that you are willing to help us.;-)

Please send PM to me or send them to support@iobit.com.

Thanks a million.:razz:

The file is just over 4mb, I compressed the main exe with the shortcut and a text file with skyrim install location. It is too big to email so I will upload it to dropbox and send you the link.

I noticed something interesting just now, if I copy the skyrim exe to my desktop, I can drag that onto GB fine... Strange.

I will PM in a minute with the link.

• 1 month later...

Archived