IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Computer will not create desktop after uninstall

raz

Win 2K sp 4

IObit ASC 5

I used the IObit uninstaller to remove a few seemingly unimportant programs:

Google toolbar

Whitesmoke

bitlord toolbar

now, after logging in, it will not create a desktop.

Any Ideas?

TIA raz

Describe exactly what you did after removing the programs using Iobit uninstaller. The programs you removed are innocuous... no threat.

Did you reboot?

Are you using a different machine to post here now? Describe what you see if you do not see your desktop screen?

Had you just upgraded Advanced SystemCare?

More info please!!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi Melvin,

Thanks so much for the response.

Yes, I did reboot

and

Yes, I am on the same computer, but I selected a different boot drive.

When on the original drive, the customary start-up sequence goes fine until I log in, then it goes to a solid blue screen. The cursor for a few moments shows an hourglass, then returns to normal pointer, but no matter how long I wait, my usual desktop never appears. Neither "Last known good config" nor Safe mode will produce a desktop as well.

and

Yes, I did just upgrade to ASC 5

Thanks again...

Hi raz,

Please try the way below to solve this issue and help us look into it.:smile:

1) Please press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to open task manager, then click button "File" to creat a new task. (please see the attached picture Snap1.jpg)

2) Please enter into explorer.exe, then click "OK".

3) Pelase send us the Log folder of IObit Uninstaller.

Usual path: %appdata%\IObit\IObit Uninstaller

Hi Raz!

I have never heard of this problem before, associated with Iobit uninstaller.

Try to use The Rescue function of Asc 5 to restore your machine if you have a suitable Rescue point. I am not familiar with Windows 2000, so my assistance is limited. (see attached screenshot)

I have directed your thread to some members of the forum who may be of greater assistance to you... hopefully they will be of help.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Hi Melvin,

"Try to use The Rescue function of Asc 5"

But... in order to use the rescue/restore function, on the affected drive, I am of a mind to believe I need to boot with that drive. Yes...no???

Thanks, I do appreciate your help!

Hi Raz,

Post it here and send a link of it...

Sincerely,

-Mel

You can attach the log file to a message here,

Hi raz,

...support@iobit.com...

Cheers.

Hello Everybody,

Thank you for your assistance!

I emailed the log file to Cicely, but it would not upload to the forum, I believe it is too large. I was surprised too, over 6 Mb.

I would think at this point, that maybe the un-installer was a little too busy.

Regards,

Bill

Hi Bill

Something strange happened for sure. Cicely and the Iobit team will examine your log I'm sure. I hope they can offer you some relief! When you can... please look at this software, Macrium Reflect. It is extremely reputable, fast, and can save a users butt. It is free! Best to create the System images on a stand alone hard drive. You can put the word Macrium in the Search function of the toolbar here and see MUCH input and feedback concerning it. I wish we here had more knowledgeable users of Win2000!

You can compress the file and attach it here as a zipped file. I'm not sure what we could do to help... your problem is unique to us and has to do somehow with your system configuration somehow I'm sure.

You can get Macrium Reflect Free here: http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx

Nevermind... I just learned Macrium Reflect doesn't support Win2000!! Worth learning about though so I will leave the link!

Sincerely,

-Mel

... I wish we here had more knowledgeable users of Win2000! ...

Sincerely,

-Mel

Hi Mel,

Yes, I am sort of stuck at the moment, Win2K for the most part, has been quite reliable, on these machines. Don't really like XP or 7, have both on different boxes. 2003 Server 64, on an IBM 326m, is also reliable, but won't run on the 6866.

Next time I "move up" in hardware, I'll have to move up in OS as well.

The file is zipped and attached.

Thanks!!

Bill

2011-11-17.zip

Your machine(s) is(are) compromised! I have viewed your log.

Isolate the machine that generated the log by removing it from any local networks. (unplugging, disconnecting from LAN routers, etc) Have only an independent connection to come here.

Follow these instructions FIRST http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=6216

Also run Ccleaner free by Piriform (IN Case TFC won't work), check all BUT the advanced functions. It is here: http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/standard

Then please download Mbam free only onto the machine that generated the log here: http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html

Malwarebytes supports Win2000. Run Mbam Full Scan NOW, and post the results (scanlog) in your next post!!(repairing all)

I think this will improve your machine enough that you can post more easily. But you must follow the later instructions! Do not quit and continue to post back.

Then wait!! I will be waiting and watching as well!

I think your thread should be moved to the Malware threat removal section of this forum!

I am still training so will be deferring to a more educated and experienced forum member.

Thanks!!

-Mel

Hi Raz.

Has your desktop returned?

I succeded in moving your thread to the Malware Removal section where our fully trained Malware Fighter, Superdave, can assist you. He is the only forum member here qualified to help you with this. I will play close attention to your thread though!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Hi Raz!

This thread now continues here -> http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=11857 concerning the malware removal.

The desktop issue may or may not be related to the infection so is left here for input from all forum members.

Bill, please follow Superdave's instructions exactly as he gives them.

He is very active on several forums, so be patient!:wink:

Sincerely,

-Mel

lol..they have IE6 and all plugins and software are versions that have at least 20 remote vulnerabilities, all with covered by known exploit kits..

Google toolbar powerscan wiped massive CLSID entries and some of that malware also likely modified winlogon.exe which was altered by ASC5. Glad I'm not the 'expert' who gets to help them backup and reformat..

I'm happy for you that you gain enjoyment from others' misfortunate situations. With all the misery in the world today, you must be a very happy person!!:?

-Mel

what? I think you're on the wrong forum, and most importantly communicating with the wrong person, if you're wanting to start glorified self-gratifying arguments..

Using software that hasn't been updated in 5 years on a computer on a WAN, and then acting surprised when the computer is infected, is kind of humorous because it's extremely careless and ignorant.

Why make that post? You could be other places using your hard disk reformat consultant qualifications for the greater good instead..

As could you!

My posts contained more useful information than yours, Captainron ,to the user seeking help (regardless of their aptitude). As this is a help forum, it is understood that people come here voluntarily to receive help and give help. I am exactly on the right forum. I will be glad to help elsewhere if you have suggestions?!

I didn't realize you were so sensitive!!! :smile: My apologies!!!!

Live long and prosper!

-Mel

Archived