IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Blue Screen

YAWN_0

k guys am not sure wer to post this its my 1st time to post in this forum.... i recently(20 days ago) bought ASC PRO v4.2.0 and thought it will help me to stop this stupid blue screen thing and sometimes my laptop freezes like when i watch movies and play online games and its so annoying ...can i any1 help me??? plz:cry::cry:

BSOD errors (blue screen) indicate that your Windows software is damaged. ASC will not fix this. The damage can be caused by any number of things, including excessive or improper registry management (cleaning or repair). It is possible that ASC Pro could even make the blue screen problem worse, especially in the deep repair function! You will have to repair windows using the rescue disk that came with your Win 7.

Sincerely,

-Mel

blue screen

Hi yawn,

Download blue screen view from CNET, (reputable). It will give you an error code look it up on the net and go from there.

If it suggests an infection repost in the malware removal section, after reading the pre-post section.

roy

scrd01 is absolutely correct that malware can lead to the blue screen. Even over-heating of the chipset or motherboard can lead eventually to BSOD errors (among other things!).

Please describe more fully your system (desktop or laptop) and the softwares on it... especially anti-virus, anti-malware, and Gnutella based (i.e. frostwire, limewire, ares, etc.) if any.

We can determine if you have possible malware infection by viewing your dds log.

If you want to... download and run dds here and post the log... dds can be found here-> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/anti-virus/dds

The memory dump files for the software he suggests can be emptied by various cleaners and thus rendered useless. There may be some useful information there though... there is no harm in it.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

@melvin idk y when i click the link u said and click download now nothin is happening the download thing isnt pupping up....and i dont think my laptop is infected by a malware coz when i do deep care in ASC it says no problem :D....oh yea u said that it will repair by using rescue disk and i dont have it planning to buy one...idk if it safe to buy a disk in this site http://systemdiscs.com/ it looks cheap tho...btw my laptop is windows 7 64-bit and using avast free antivirus...

@melvin idk y when i click the link u said and click download now nothin is happening the download thing isnt pupping up....and i dont think my laptop is infected by a malware coz when i do deep care in ASC it says no problem :D....oh yea u said that it will repair by using rescue disk and i dont have it planning to buy one...idk if it safe to buy a disk in this site http://systemdiscs.com/ it looks cheap tho...btw my laptop is windows 7 64-bit and using avast free antivirus...

http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/dds.scr

right-click+save as

This could just as well be graphics driver, especially with ATI and Intel graphics..Especially since it only BSODs during 3D and Video hardware acceleration..

Hi Yawn O,

If you are referrring to the 2 dds logs, you can attach them to your post... you can copy and paste if the file is not to large. If it is to large, press the "go advanced" button and use the "manage attachments" to upload the zipped file to your post.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Hi Yawn O...

There are multiple security problems including the programs you have installed and are running; P2P gnutella filesharing is high risk (frostwire)... ASK is highly unreputable, and you appear to be running two anti-virus programs (a no-no!). Your machine needs to be tended to by a fully certified malware removal expert. I am still training so will direct you to the only qualified member of this forum who can assist you. This may or may not help your bluescreen problem.

In the meantime, please insure that your computer's cooling fan is operating properly and that all vents are free and clear of dust, lint and debris. Make sure there is nothing obstructing the flow of air to your machine. (improper cooling is often the cause of erratic BSOD errors)

Be patient!:-D

Sincerely,

-Mel

idk frostwire is high risk coz thats only thing wer i can download music for free...oh well if thats the case i really appreciate it even ur still traning and i hope some member of ur forum will help me so please help me :D.....oh yea i just cleaned my laptops fan like 2 weeks ago its clean and nothing is blocking the flow of air...ty ty ty :grin::grin:

Screenshot

Attach the screenshot to your next post.

Below is the full procedure for taking a screenshot then you should read Screenshots and Attachments in the Forum in the thread USAGE of IOBIT PRODUCTS if you need help to attach the screenshot.

If the screenshot is already saved as JPEG or JPG then you can attach it, if it is saved as another format it would be best to convert it to JPG or open Paint and save the screenshot again as JPEG (*JPG *JPEG *JPE *JFIF) using the procedure below.

For information on how to take a screenshot see the WikiHow tutorial How to Take a Screenshot in Microsoft Windows

It includes 2 methods depending on your Operating System

The Print Screen method works on all Windows versions from Windows 95 up to Windows 7.

The Snipping tool method works with all Windows Vista versions except Windows Vista Starter and Windows Vista Home Basic, and with Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Professional, and Windows 7 Ultimate. For other versions of Windows, use the Print Screen method

Note: There are restrictions on the size of the the screenshot you can attach to a post here in the forum, the best (largest) format that is allowed is JPG

Here is how to save the screenshot to JPEG (*JPG *JPEG *JPE *JFIF) when using Paint:

Menu

• Click File

• Select Save As... from the dropdown list.

A window will open

Save in: (top of window) Choose a location to save the image to

File Name: (bottom of window) Write a name for the image

Save as type: (bottom of window) Select JPEG (*JPG *JPEG *JPE *JFIF) from the dropdown list

• Click Save

The screenshot image will be saved as a JPEG but when you attach it to a post here at the forum it will automatically appear as a JPG and should be within the forum attachment size restrictions.

If you would like a free screenshot software (with built-in editor) have a look at Faststone Capture Free

This is the last free version and it has now become shareware with more features. This last free version is reported to work with Win7.

Install and portable versions are available.

All the best, woz of oz

Thanks woz and Enos!

Yawn O!

One side of your laptop is HOT the other is ok.

Your machine is frying with self reported internal temps up to 140 degrees farienheit! Are you using your laptop on carpet or another padded surface? Place it only on a flat hard surface for ventilation! You should be able to hear the fan run. It will get louder as the temperature increases and will decline as it cools.

Can you hear the fan running... listen in a quiet place... if you are not sure if you hear it or not... launch a bunch of memory and RAM heavy applications such as Anti-virus scans.

It is a relatively new machine. Did it come pre-loaded with the Mc-afee?

-Mel

well yea the fan gets louder especially when i play online games...i was playing online game and listening music at the same time when i took the print screen thats y its too high :D...heres another print screen i took without playing games....and yea my laptop is on a flat surface...btw wut u mean by preloaded with mc afee???

McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR.exe)

Hi, I saw your original post before you edited it, this is important information.

ok i tried to install mcaffe internet security 2012 like 1 month ago and i downloaded it then when the installation was processing my laptop froze....i tried a lot of times to install it but still my laptop will just froze like i cant move the mouse the caps lock lights off and on....my problem before was when i ever start my laptop it will completely froze after a sec or so and it force me to force shutdown

Is this correct?

If yes then you might have some remnants of McAfee on your computer, you might want to try running the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR.exe)

Read about it and download @

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS101331

All the best, woz of oz

Archived