IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Registry "Is been defrag" fails and will not let the OS boot.

Beard-O

After I installed ASC5 Free and did a deep clean, I restarted the computer. I got a blue screen that says Iobit Advance System care is cleaning the registry. It fails the last five or so entries and then restarts going through the process... over and over again. Non-stop. Can't get on the computer to check or change settings. Using Windows XP.

Hi Beard-O!

Welcome to Iobit forum!

This is a very serious problem! I have been waiting for some other forum members to post on this and none have yet. I have noticed you periodically checking your thread.

You are posting from a different machine obviously.:cry:

I have searched the threads here on your behalf in the meantime, and can find no other instance of this.

I am notifying members of the Iobit support team of your problem and directing them to your thread.

That's all I can do.

I still have hope that some other volunteers here may have some ideas though!;-)

Continue to be patient and wait for a response!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Yes, a different computer. Trying to help my mom out... turns out I only pissed her off. Haven't had that problem with my computer.

And thanks, cause I couldn't find anything similar to this either. That's why I posted.

Oh, and safe mode did the exact same thing.

Hi Beard-O!

Iobit support is aware of your issue and a member of their team has viewed your post. I was informed they are looking into this. This is a serious problem, I don't know if there is a solution.

The computer specs listed in your profile... are they your Mom's? ((Could be important))!!! Can you visibly look at the shell of the laptop or at the case of the desktop and provide manufacturer & model number? Had she fully installed all four service packs to her XP windows?

Were back-ups or System images made to a stand alone hard drive? Does she have the Windows rescue disk?

-Mel

Hi Beard-O,

We are sorry to hear that you encounter troubles. Please try the way below to solve it.:oops:

When you start the PC, please press "F8" to select Last Known Good Configuration, then please check whehter your PC is OK.

The following link may help you.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Using-Last-Known-Good-Configuration

WHOOPS! I forgot all about telling you... that F8 worked, I also did the chkdsk/f. Nothing was wrong and it started up and restarted, and restarted again, just fine. She hasn't called me since so I think we are good.

Thank you all for your help!

• 1 month later...

Same for me!

I've had the same problem except I am using my wife's computer to access this! I had used IOBIT before but had to do a clean re-install of Win XP this week due to many accumulating problems. (Win 7 refuses to install on my machine!) I reinstalled IObit and did the usual 'deep clean' but when I rebooted it did a boot-time registry defrag (it had never done that before) and 'failed' the last 5 items. It then rebooted and repeated the process for hours whilst I went and watched TV! :lol:

I followed the recommendation to use Safe Mode and was able to access Win XP again - so I uninstalled IObit. Rebooting was no problem after that, but now I don't have IObit to help clean my PC! :cry: I am reluictant to risk re-installing it for obviopus reasons so I need to know what part NOT to use in future (Reg defrag seems to be flakey!)

PS

My ASUS P5N-E SLI M/B does not allow the usual F8 to access Safe Mode in Win XP - instead F8 usefully (NOT!!!) takes you to the drives Boot Menu, from which you have to select the correct drive for the O/S and press 'Enter' whilst you have a finger over the F8 key, which you have to press instantly to get to the Safe Mode menu! Still a bit hit & miss if you time the key presses wrong! How stupid a design is that? :shock:

• 3 months later...

I have the same proublem!

After I installed ASC5 Free and did a deep clean, I restarted the computer. I got a blue screen that says Iobit Advance System care is cleaning the registry. It fails the last five or so entries and then restarts going through the process... over and over again. Non-stop. Can't get on the computer to check or change settings. Using Windows XP.

ASC registry defrag keeps starting over and over again and wont let PC boot.

Cant get into safe mode to try anything. I understand the new version has fixed this, but you have to get into the PC to fix it.

Lyle

ASC registry defrag keeps starting over and over again and wont let PC boot.

Cant get into safe mode to try anything. I understand the new version has fixed this, but you have to get into the PC to fix it.

Lyle

Shutdown the PC. Power up and keep hitting the F8 key.

Archived