IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC has broke my OS.

8Hundred

The strange thing is, looking through the log, I can't seem to find any fault with ASC5 but right at the bottom, this:

[Disk Check]:Repaired 0 disk error

------Details------

Drive has been repaired

Drive C will be repaired on next startup

0 problems with the drive but decides to try and fix it :-?

Maybe this is your problem...

Wait for further reply with the IObit Support Team.

I have just done an ASC deep care with disk scan on, came back with no problems and didn't try fixing it (the problem you have). What I would do is go in to the ASC rescue centre and revert back the changes that were made to see if the problem goes, but you can't do anything until the support team come back to you. I think it may be an issue with the installation of ASC5...

Hope I have helped you out :)

Have you tried typing "system restore" in start menu search field and hitting enter? sometimes 3rd party software doesn't see existing restore points for various reasons. That will launch the built in restore tool that always does. ASC enables system restore on installs, so there not being any points is a bit off.

Also you're not the first person to have this issue. It's usually caused by one of the following:

1. Another real time disk management tasks running
  2. Index rebuilding
  3. AV real time protection being congested by excessive disk activity brought on by a lot of different disks changes, mostly cache rebuilding.

Also if nothing barely runs, put this in a *bat file and run it. Attach the "iobithelp.txt" file it creates on your desktop to a forum post to help others diagnose the latency issue.

cd %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\
cls
tasklist>>iobithelp.txt
net start>>iobithelp.txt
netstat -a -n -o>>iobithelp.txt

Hi 8Hundred,

We are sorry to hear that you encounter troubles, please help us look into it.

In the first post, you said you did the Diskcheck and Registry Defrag. But there is not a tool called Diskcheck in the Toolbox, please help us check the specific name of this tool so that we can look into this issue.:grin:

Thanks in advance!!!

It's not in toolbox, it's in the infamous transparent engine, it's actually a MS tool ASC triggers along with registry defrag early in the winlogon stages on deep scans.

I manually tried system restore, it eventually loaded after many many attempts.. but i have no saves. Something that confused me as i didnt tell Windows to not save them. as for the iobithelp.. It is Attached.

None of the processes, services, or ports look suspicious there, but some could be malware using legitimate software file names. It's mostly just game related, mouse related, and YIM and webcam. Search indexing is running though, that sometimes causes issues.

Some places you can find information:

C:\Users\accountnamehere\AppData\Roaming\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V5\DiskCheck\
C:\Users\accountnamehere\AppData\Roaming\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V5\Backup\
C:\Users\accountnamehere\AppData\Roaming\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V5\Boottime\LastAutoRunList.txt
C:\Users\accountnamehere\AppData\Roaming\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V5\Log\
C:\Users\accountnamehere\AppData\Roaming\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V5\Registrycleaner\backup

The cause(s) to your latency is likely detailed inside one of those.

Hi 8Hundred,

You said,"I tried the rescue option before, it didnt work"

Did you mean you tried the Rescue function of Advanced SystemCare? :?:

If you didn't try the rescue function, please have a try.

Open ASC 5>> click the button "Rescue" >>choose one restore point (note: please set restore point to the time before the problem occurred)>>click "undo"button

Hey everyone again, and morning!, the support has been great.

Cicely, i meant i had tried the rescue function in ASC.

BUT, UPDATE! Somehow my PC has fixed itself, after it being on for around 8 hours all programs work fine again, HOWEVER, ASC is still saying there are a butt load of errors etc in my registry and various other departments of my pc (Look back in the thread to see screenshots of these errors).

So what do i do now? Mel mentioned a corrupted install, so i dont want to break it again by repeating yesterdays shenanigans, Can someone help me through a clean uninstall then a clean install possibly? Or any other help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance <3

Update, i have solved the problems with help from this forum :).

Im not sure how my pc fixed itself without me doing anything, BUT, i followed your clean uninstall and install guide, used registry cleaners and removed (What i think was the main problem) the old folders and files that previous versions of ASC had put there, Once i did this i could do a clean install, a deep scan and now my pc is free of all its demons AND working like clock work.

Thanks for all your help guys!

P.S Maybe a decent uninstall feature should be added to ASC to get rid of all these little bits and pieces, i seen there was an ASC advanced uninstaller but evidently it didnt work ^.^.

Update, i have solved the problems with help from this forum :).

Im not sure how my pc fixed itself without me doing anything, BUT, i followed your clean uninstall and install guide, used registry cleaners and removed (What i think was the main problem) the old folders and files that previous versions of ASC had put there, Once i did this i could do a clean install, a deep scan and now my pc is free of all its demons AND working like clock work.

Thanks for all your help guys!

P.S Maybe a decent uninstall feature should be added to ASC to get rid of all these little bits and pieces, i seen there was an ASC advanced uninstaller but evidently it didnt work ^.^.

On deep registry scan you'll get a couple hundred entries just with 5 hours use, mostly MUI entries. 380 isn't too uncommon.

My guess is it was indexing or cache rebuilding. I personally leave indexing and built-in restore services off for this exact reason. I'm on a 3.1Ghz sandy bridge system and even see noticeable lag if I keep them on. Also, ASC enables MS system restore on install if you have it off.

Archived