IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Removing Advanced WindowsCare icon from Vista Quick Launch toolbar

JimB

Hi,

I'd like to remove the Advanced WindowsCare icon from Vista's Quick Launch toolbar. I tried right-clicking on the icon, but that pops up a message saying "Windows Explorer has stopped working," then "Windows Explorer is restarting," and the pop-up window disappears. I next searched Microsoft's Vista website for a solution, but it said to right click on the icon and select "delete." Obviously that doesn't work for Advanced WindowsCare.

It's not that I don't want to use Advanced WindowsCare (I love it and use it almost every day). It is just that I have its icon on my desktop (with icons for other tools I use) and prefer that location rather than the Quick Launch toolbar.

Please let me know if there is a way to remove this icon from the Quick Launch toolbar.

Many thanks,

JimB

Which version are we talking about, please

During installation you can choose to have it in quick launch toolbar or not, what have you done there?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi,

I'd like to remove the Advanced WindowsCare icon from Vista's Quick Launch toolbar. I tried right-clicking on the icon, but that pops up a message saying "Windows Explorer has stopped working," then "Windows Explorer is restarting," and the pop-up window disappears. I next searched Microsoft's Vista website for a solution, but it said to right click on the icon and select "delete." Obviously that doesn't work for Advanced WindowsCare.

It's not that I don't want to use Advanced WindowsCare (I love it and use it almost every day). It is just that I have its icon on my desktop (with icons for other tools I use) and prefer that location rather than the Quick Launch toolbar.

Please let me know if there is a way to remove this icon from the Quick Launch toolbar.

Many thanks,

JimB

No, I am sorry, I should have specified that I was asking for AWC version :-)

solbjerg

Thanks for your reply. Sorry I forgot to specify my Vista version; its Home Premium, and I've installed all of Microsoft's updates.

Hope that helps.

Thanks again,

Jim B

Archived