IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Deep Clean and Antivirus

sweeper45

I have a windows XP sp3 desktop, Athlon 64 3000+ XP

I have used ver 4 (Pro) for some time and downloaded v5 (Pro) yesterday.

All OK but the Status indicated "Fair" and recommended to run Deep Clean.

I ran DeepClean with all the default options selected, the scanning bit worked OK and selected something like 2800 errors for registery fixing amongst other small amount of fixing for the other options.

I then clicked "Repair" and all appeared to run then the computer shutdown without error message and rebooted.

The status after reboot indicated that a DeepClean was never done. So I ran again. All Scanned OK and came up with approx 1200 errors for the registry etc. So clicked "Repair" all appeared to run OK and again computer shutdown and rebooted ... no error messages. Still status indicated deep clean never run. Run deep clean again, smae thing again with slightly reduced registry errors.

I then disabled my Avast Antivirus and run Deep Clean again come up with about 850 registry errors, clicked "Repair" and all worked OK, no shutdown and deepclean status indicates when last run.

Question...........should antivirus be disabled when running Deep Clean or any of the other more severe options. ???

I have run Quick Care with antivirus and seem no problems ????

If antivirus is running will it make Deep Clean find alot of problems that are maybe false due to the antivirus being enabled. ??

I am replying to your post because I use avast! Internet Security (AIS).

Normally you shouldn't have to shut down an anti-virus program to run a Deep-Scan in ASC 5 Pro.

To my knowledge I have not experienced any problems or conflicts between AIS and ASC 5 Pro on either my Windows 7 SP1 or my Windows 8-DP computers.

I noticed that you mentioned that use Windows XP3. If you go to the avast! Forum you will notice that there are numerous reports of problems when running Windows XP3 with avast!. A lot fewer than with Windows 7 SP1 and avast!

My guess is that your problem is being caused by Windows XP3.

I strongly suggest that you don't post this problem on that Forum because the "Evangelists" and "UberTechnicals" there hate IObit. All you will receive are deriding remarks telling you to dump ASC. I think it has something to do with a connection between avast! and Malwarebytes along with IObit's previous unfortunate episode with Malwarebytes.

Other than suggesting that you upgrade to Windows 7 SP1 I can offer no other suggestions. The kernal in Windows XP is now over 10 years old and Windows 7 has been shown to be at least five times safer when dealing with Malware attacks than Windows XP.

Thanks for reply

I have run Deep Scan again several times for the registry fix options with Avast enabled and find it runs OK and doesnt cause shutdown of PC.

It now found 56 errors then 22 errors then 23 errors for each time run I did repair each time.

The show details indicates 13 items ..... "Imagepath", Level High, C:/Program Files........./ashxxxxx.exe all relating to Avast

There are a few other Low risk items

So maybe is Avast, but it must have cleared what was causing shutdown

The Status still shows "Good". so seems OK.

I think upgrading to Windows 7 would mean a new PC..........

Thanks again for your help and information

Archived