IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

advice needed = restore computer programs etc.

c sweeney

:???: i have advanced system care 4.. by mistake decided to clean up files.. somehow removed most icons from desktop , bookmarks, documents- all kinds of stuff i use- i asked asc4 to restore .. what i got was a bunch of unknown folders that have no info.. when checking control panel - ad or remove - everything is still there, i have no idea how to restore desktop so i can access programs etc... any solid help is totally appreciated

Hi c sweeney!

Welcome to Iobit Forum!

You must further describe your system configuration! Do you mean that you have tried system restore in XP??

And you are stating that the RESCUE function of ASC didn't return you to functionality.'''

The only recent thread I can find is here->http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=11842

Post back with more info if you want ideas from others.

-Mel

asc4..files,programs,desktop = gone

:cry: thanx for reply. i wish i could tell you exactly what happened. i am posting from the same computer, i asked asc4 to rescue(?) after learning - most was gone. what got loaded is = unknown,empty files. when i click start i see only open office

remains under programs, under documents i find the unknown empty files. email plus browser also gone. i stumbled around downloaded new browser. i am sorry to be so vague with details.this is due to "small panic" with me. hopefully i have given u something to work with thanx big time

Hi again!

When you say... "by mistake decided to clean up files"... what function of Advanced SystemCare did you perform?

Can you further describe your system please!

Do you have a rescue software image? If not, did you try restoring your system using the Windows restore points?

-Mel

Archived