IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC blocking ad on for web site

mixter99

:?:I play games on GSN and get a message at the bottom of my screen that says : An add-on for this website failed to run. This is shows up every game and gets a bit annoying because i have to close it again and again. How do I allow the add-ons for this web site. I looked in tools but couldn't figure out what to do. I know ASC is causing this because I also installed the free version on my daughters laptop and before i did the games loaded without this message. I use ASC pro 5. can anyone help me with this?

I think what happened is that when you ran ASC, with all default options activated, it changed the setting in the Internet-Browser, to block them.

You will need to Un-block them in the Browser settings or change the setting in ASC to not block them.

That depends on which Browser you are using, as to where that setting is?

(IE, Firefox, Chrome, etc.)

Be sure to deactivate the settings, for that Browser, in ASC,

or it will be actvated again, the next time you run ASC.

That's probably in the 'Privacy-sweep' utility?

thank you for trying to help. I did all you said but still getting message. at least i think i did what you said. i do pretty well with computers and have even successfully re-installed my operating system on a different computer once when everyone i knew was telling me i would need to pay someone to do it for me. I am using Internet explorer as my default browser. thanks again for the advice.

Yes, Toppack I did. and in privacy i went into sites and typed in gsn.com and allow. I was sure that would do it but it didn't. I have been putting up with this for a long time and can continue to but was hoping it would be and easy fix. In ASC, Privacy Sweeper, I unselected Internet explorer and macromedia flash. In options i selected gsn as cookies to keep (along with other sites i frequent. I use IE9 does that help? in the tools drop down menu it has Manage add-ons as a selection and i made sure not to disable anything that had to do with games.

If you can think of anything else i will appreciate it. thanks for your time.

Archived