IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Question Regarding How To Resolve Issues Using Report Logs

KidSkier

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and have been using ASC for about 8 months now. I ran into a problem a couple of days ago with my keyboard and upon running the system explorer tool scan, I discovered a few things related to my BT keyboard failed. I have yet to get my keyboard functioning again and would like to know if anyone could offer me any suggestions to get my keyboard back working again. I have never not been able to resolve a problem that has always seemed to be so simple, so I am unsure of how I should proceed at this point. Any information and/or advice anyone has to offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much for your time.

I have uploaded the system diagnosis report...or at least I hope it uploads. :roll: I thought this might give users a better idea of the problem I'm having and hopefully be able to provide me with some different alternatives to try and resolve the problem. Thanks again.

The Kidster 8:)

ASC Diagnose Report November 30, 2011.txt

Hi KidSkier, welcome to Iobit forum!

Did the keyboard come with any kind of software? Is there any kind of setting in your system to cut the blue tooth adapter on and off? If so verify that it is on. I am only guessing because I'm running a different OS and don't utilize a standalone keyboard. You can try updating the driver for your bluetooth adapter as well.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!!!

Did the keyboard come with any kind of software? Is there any kind of setting in your system to cut the blue tooth adapter on and off? If so verify that it is on. I am only guessing because I'm running a different OS and don't utilize a standalone keyboard. You can try updating the driver for your bluetooth adapter as well.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!!!

Hi Mel,

Thank you so much for the kind welcome. As for software coming with the keyboard/mouse combo, yes it did. However, as with all software and drivers, they tend to update and some more frequently than others. I am running the latest software and have the latest driver installed. I've been through everything I've had to do in the past when something went wrong and have always been able to get it back working with almost no problems. As for the bluetooth adapter, it is turned on and also has the latest driver update. The BT adapter states it is working properly with no conflicts and it must be working because the mouse I use is not the mouse that came with the keyboard and utilizes the BT adapter. I have completely uninstalled everything for the keyboard and reinstalled only to run into the same problem. I'm using a keyboard now on my laptop that is one model up from the one that I use with my desktop and they both use the same software, and even the driver for both keyboards are the same. That's how similar the keyboards are. I've been looking at settings on my laptop to see if I can find anything that looks to be different and have found nothing as of yet. I'm still hoping I might get more information on things to try, especially since I have the same keyboard being used on another system I have and it is working fine. I'm puzzled by the one that attempts to establisch the connection and never does. I appreciate your suggestions, though, and those were some of the first things I always check. :? I just want to get it back working like it was 2 days ago.

"The Kid" A.K.A. Lisa

event logs

Hi Lisa,

you might find a clue/reason in the event viewer.

Event viewer>Applications and service logs>microsoft>windows>bluetooth.

and again " " " " " " >Wlan.

It will show a general page and a detail page hopefully giving you a bit more detail including error codes.

these logs will be from day 1 unless you have manually cleared them, find the 1st occurence and go to

event viewer Windowslog>setup, and see what was installed on that date, odds are that one of the programmes installed/modified the same day will be the culprit

Roy

Archived