IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Startup Manager

mheitt

Can anyone give me a "dummies guide" to using the Startup Manager (on AWC2)? I don't quite understand the instructions as they seem a bit oddly worded and I don't want to mess anything up and then have to do a restore.

Thanks,

michael

Hi mheitt,

The basic idea of startup manager is that so many programs that you install want to run all the time on your computer. This slows boot time and can bog things down. You have to decide what programs to let start at boot up (Antivirus, firewall, and any others that should be running, depends on what programs you have) and what ones are OK to not run,that you can click on from desktop or start menu to start when you want them.To configure:

1. Run a scan with startup manage checked to run. After the scan is finished, click "See Details" next to it.

2. The programs that are set to run at startup will show a check in the box next to them. Any programs AWC recognizes will be highlighted in green, ones it doesn't or suggests not to run will be white and will show as found "problem" when you run the scan. If you want any of the white ones to run, make sure the box is checked, then right click on that entry and click "ignore" so that it isn't "found" on next scan.

3. Any programs you don't want to run just uncheck the box next to it.

4. When you are finished, click "apply" them "OK" to return to main scan page. Go ahead and repair from there. The programs you selected to run should be the only ones to start automatic on the next boot.If you find that you need to turn something back on, just go back and add a check by it.

5. When you install new programs you may come up with new "problems" in startup manager. Just repeat process & decide if they need to run.

Hope this helps.

samr.

Archived