IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

taskbar icons shrunk when opened

alvie.davis

Please clarify!

The taskbar icons become miniscule no matter what you do. The appearance of your Win 7 desktop remains the same.

If so... Run Ccleaner by Piriform... don't check any of the advanced options. Check all the others. Ccleaner is here-> http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Then do a clean install of ASC here are the guidelines-> http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=39220#post39220 and here too -> http://forums.iobit.com/showpost.php?p=42228&postcount=10

The latest version of ASC is here -> http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=11844

Please post back to let us know if the problem is resolved. Version .0 of ASC is buggy, ver. .158 does resolve some issues but still has problems.

Don't know when I will be back... so if problem is not resolved... go ahead and use rescue function of ASC to return your system settings to previous configuration.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!!

Hi alvie.davis,

We are sorry to hear that you encounter troubles. Please kindly provide us with more details so that we can look into this issue.

1) Please describe what operations you have done before the issue occurred.:?:

2) Please take a screenshot of the trouble you got and send it to us, we will look into it.

Guide for Taking Screenshots:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Here is the screenshot of my desktop. Notice in the lower left corner, that is supposed to be a Mozilla Firefox icon. It does this with any program that is launched. And sometimes when I have multiple programs open, it "wipes" out my taskbar. I also include a screenshot of this as well.

The only thing I did was install ASC5 and as soon as it was installed my taskbar started messing up. It did not do this with ASC4.

Please help.[ATTACH]9021[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]9022[/ATTACH]

One screenshot was taken at 4:05... the other at 4:22. The firefox main launch shortcut icon appears on neither shot. There is firefox running in one shot on the bottom RIGHT of the windows GUI. The second one (at bottom of post). Taken last in time..

Between 4:05 snd 4:22 what did you do that would leave the open Firefox tab on the bottom right and make all else disappear?

This seems to be a settings problem! Possibly in the monitor settings as well as how the window is displayed in Explorer.

Did you close and re-open your browser or windows?

Also... on a hunch... can you drag the Icons on your desktop where ever you want and they will stay there? Even after a re-boot?

-Mel

Hi alvie.davis,

We are so so so sorry, we can not get the issue clearly from the attached picture.:cry::oops:

Could you please take the pictures in comparison: one is the ASC is on so that we can know the issue, the other is ASC is off so that we can see the normal state. Then we will get the issue very clearly.:-D

we'd really appreciate your help!!!:smile:

@Melvin: the only thing I did was open another program (Internet explorer) although it doesn't matter what program I open and it does it intermittently. The icons I am talking about are pinned to the quick launch part of the taskbar. And this did not happen until I upgraded to ASC5. I did not change any settings, ASC5 did and I can't find what it changed to cause this. As far as I know, I have not had any issues with the desktop. I can move icons and they stay.

@Cicely: I am not sure what you mean. Do you mean with ASC5 installed and not installed? I tried uninstalling ASC5 but the issues still stayed the same.

Here is another 2 screenshots. See how the icons of the opened programs on the taskbar are reduced to a sliver? That did not happen until I installed ASC5.

I do Not see any "slivers"?

I do see vertical-bar-sliders, which I think mean that there Too-Many Icons in the taskbar storage area, so they can Not all be displayed?

I don't know if you can increase the Taskbar Size or not?

I've never tried to do that but it may be possible.

If it was my computer I would move some the Icons that are on Taskbar to the Desk-top and see if that fixed it.

(I know there is a Small Limit as to how many can be put on Taskbar)

You could also try moving the Task-bar to Right side of screen, instead of at bottom.

To see if that works better. Since it appears that you have a Wide monitor.

On the Right side works much better with wide-monitors.

(First Unlock Taskbar, with right-click menu, and then just drag it to Right-side of screen)

Toppack, that worked putting it on the right side. But what I don't understand is everything is the same, same number of icons on the taskbar, before i installed ASC5, and that did not happen until ASC5 was installed. Why would it affect it on the bottom of the screen but not on the side?

Not sure, but it has something to do with the Space-allocation for Taskbar.

Windows thinks it has Too many Icons Faster, when it is at Bottom.

It only takes a few days to get accustomed to it being on the Right-side.

With these wide monitors, I really like it Better there.

Archived