IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Issues with ASC 5

GregL

Hi, new member here. I've been using Advanced system care Pro since version 3.0 and never had a problem. Since I upgraded to 5 I have several issues that crop up every time I run Quick Care or Deep Care. It causes Windows Live Messenger to generate error code 80004002, and Microsoft Outlook to not send or receive mail. It is also causing problems with my network access of email through Yahoo. For example it won't show I have new mail when I am on my homepage in Yahoo. I know this is still a beta, but I thought I'd relay the issues, since no one on the forum seems to have this issue. It has happened on all three of my home computers that run Vista.

Thanks in Advance.

Greg

Hi GregL... welcome to Iobit forum!!

Try this... a clean install of the newest version using these guidelines-> http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=39220#post39220 and http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=39220#post39220

The newest version of ASC can be found here->http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=11844

Let us know if this resolves your problem and we'll go from there!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!!

Hi GregL,

We are sorry to hear that you encounter troubles with Advanced SystemCare, please help us look into it, we will try our best to solve it ASAP.:smile:

1) Please try the rescue function of ASC and let us know whether it is OK.

Open ASC 5>> click the button "Rescue" >>choose one restore point (note: please set restore point to the time before the problem occurred)>>click "undo"button

2) Please send the Log folder and Backup folder to us so that we can further look into the problem.

Usual path: %appdata%\IObit\Advanced SystemCare v5

Thanks in advance!!!:wink:

Thank you for the reply, and detailed info....so far. I uninstalled ASC 5.0, removed all leftover files, including the leftovers from 4.0. Did the clean install of 5.0. Same result, when I ran Quick Care, Deep Care doesn't matter at this point, it killed Windows Live messenger, giving a error code of 80004002, and it prevents Outlook 2003 from sending or receiving mail. I did the Rescue and was able to get both programs working again. It's as if ASC is blocks the com ports for these two programs. I also went through the program settings, and removed the check marks from Instant Messenger and Outlook 2003. Same results.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi GregL,

We are sorry to hear that you encounter troubles with Advanced SystemCare, please help us look into it, we will try our best to solve it ASAP.:smile:

1) Please try the rescue function of ASC and let us know whether it is OK.

Open ASC 5>> click the button "Rescue" >>choose one restore point (note: please set restore point to the time before the problem occurred)>>click "undo"button

2) Please send the Log folder and Backup folder to us so that we can further look into the problem.

Usual path: %appdata%\IObit\Advanced SystemCare v5

Thanks in advance!!!:wink:

Can these folders be attached to a post, or should I email them to a specific person?

Thanks!

Hi, new member here. I've been using Advanced system care Pro since version 3.0 and never had a problem. Since I upgraded to 5 I have several issues that crop up every time I run Quick Care or Deep Care. It causes Windows Live Messenger to generate error code 80004002, and Microsoft Outlook to not send or receive mail. It is also causing problems with my network access of email through Yahoo. For example it won't show I have new mail when I am on my homepage in Yahoo. I know this is still a beta, but I thought I'd relay the issues, since no one on the forum seems to have this issue. It has happened on all three of my home computers that run Vista.

Thanks in Advance.

Greg

Are you using Windows XP?

I am using W8-DP and ASC Pro 5.0. I had Windows Live Essentials installed for while, (so no advantage to use it for my needs so I uninstalled it.) However, while it was installed I had no problems with Messenger or accessing Yahoo email. I don't use Outlook.

If you are using W7 you may want to look at installing WLE and dumping Outlook. You can import your contacts and email messages to WLE.

Hi GregL

Ok, so it probably wasn't lack of the sp1 update :-)

Try reading this link then:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-windows_update/vista-windows-update-error-code-80004002/0d72f565-0539-40b5-a9e5-6e616739d11e

Cheers

solbjerg

Yes, Vista SP1 is installed. I am also using a dual boot system with XP on the back side. It's for programs that won't run in Vista. No problems on the XP side with ASC 5.

No, I did all that, same link as a matter of fact. Funny my XP side doesn't have the problem, nor has anyone else piped up about Vista or Win 7 having this issue. I may be due for a clean install, it's been a couple years.

Hi GregL

Ok, have you also tried the chkdsk approach and the sfc /scannow approach?

Cheers

solbjerg

No, I did all that, same link as a matter of fact. Funny my XP side doesn't have the problem, nor has anyone else piped up about Vista or Win 7 having this issue. I may be due for a clean install, it's been a couple years.

Yes, and that didn't fix the problems either. The only way to get IM or Outlook working, after Quick Care or Deep Care is to run the Rescue function and roll it back. A restore point in windows also repairs it. I think I forgot to mention, Auto Care works just fine and has caused no problems.

Hi GregL

Ok, what are your settings please? Are Active boost and Turbo boost activated? Deep reg. care?

Have you checked the details of found "problems" and possibly placed some items in the ignore list?

Cheers

solbjerg

Yes, and that didn't fix the problems either. The only way to get IM or Outlook working, after Quick Care or Deep Care is to run the Rescue function and roll it back. A restore point in windows also repairs it. I think I forgot to mention, Auto Care works just fine and has caused no problems.

Active Boost is on, Turbo Boost is off. Deep Reg Care is on. I have never checked the details of what was found, as I never had an issue with ASC before. I will say this, when I ran Deep Care the first time I had close to 4000 registry errors on three different computers. All running Vista, and it crashed Live Messenger and Outlook send and receive on all three. Since that initial problem, I fixed all three and have only been running Quick Care on my personal desktop with the same results.

Same problem

Hello. I have the same problem. I have two PC's recently upgraded to ASC5 Pro.

No problem with my Win7 computer, but my laptop running Win Vista SP2 receives the corruption message when trying to open Windows Live Mail after running the Registry Fix. I have not done a restore, but instead repair Windows Live Essentials from Programs and Features in Control Panel.

Hi Cicely,

I know I emailed you the good news on the Registry Fix program you sent me, but I thought I'd post in here as well, since others seem to be having issues like mine, with Vista and ASC 5.0. The Registry Fix program you sent me worked just fine. I didn't count how many errors were found, but there were several thousand. I ran the scan and repair twice. Live Messenger and my Outlook 2003 still worked fine. I then did a reboot, and tested Live Messenger and Outlook again. Both still work. Nothing else installed in the computer seems amiss, so the next question is.........What's next?

Thanks,

Greg

Archived