IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Blue screen problem - please help

jpscience

Hi everyone

Hi everyone,

Thanks for sticking with me on this! I helpdesked this BSOD problem with Eclipse Computers while my computer was still under warranty. The problem about sending it back was that I wasn't sure if it was a software problem, and they said they'd charge me £50 if it turned out to be that. I'm beginning to think, based on the advise I've been getting here, that this probably is hardware related so I'll contact them again to see if they'll still take it back and look at it. I know the system is up-to-date (including drivers etc.).

I will try the Driver Verifier - Windows 7 & Vista (BSOD-related) tool first just in case. I can't think of anything else to try now really.

Does that sound sensible? I don't want to open up the box myself if I can possibly avoid it as I'm worried I might do more harm than good.

Best wishes,

jpscience

Ran driver verifier - no problems

Hi,

Just ran Driver Verifier. No BSOD. Please find attached a screen shot just in case it is of any use.

It does look as if the only thing I can do is send it back to the manufacturers (Eclipse Computers). Thanks all of you who have been helping me with this. I really appreciate your support. If they find something and resolve it I'll post here to let you all know.

Thanks,

jpscience

Swaping the RAMs and starting with minimum and then adding, you may find out if there is a faulty RAM or connection.

Sometimes Memtest will not reveal if there is a problem with RAMs.

Cheers.

Please have a look at the following web address, it is similar to your problem :

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debugging/190800-solved-random-bsod-around-ntoskrnl-exe-7cc40.html

I think it is the same as scrd01 pointed out.

Check your minidump files for other ntoskrnl BSODs with BlueScreenView and see if the cause is always the same address as ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40.

If it is the same, the probability of having a faulty RAM or faulty RAM connection is very high.

Cheers.

NOTE: As I told before, why don't you send (or give an upload address such as Wikisend,) the minidump file(s) at C:\Windows\Minidump folder as zip files to support@iobit.com for the attention of Cicely, asking for help to identify the problem.

Still getting BSOD - a question and a couple of ideas

Please have a look at the following web address, it is similar to your problem :

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debugging/190800-solved-random-bsod-around-ntoskrnl-exe-7cc40.html

I think it is the same as scrd01 pointed out.

Check your minidump files for other ntoskrnl BSODs with BlueScreenView and see if the cause is always the same address as ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40.

If it is the same, the probability of having a faulty RAM or faulty RAM connection is very high.

Cheers.

NOTE: As I told before, why don't you send (or give an upload address such as Wikisend,) the minidump file(s) at C:\Windows\Minidump folder as zip files to support@iobit.com for the attention of Cicely, asking for help to identify the problem.

Hi,

I've emailed Cicely and will post if we manage to sort something out. I had trouble attaching the MEMORY.DMP file to my email. My computer kept saying, “You don’t have permission to open this file. Contact the file owner or an administrator to obtain permission.” I am the administrator. Any ideas?

Two other things occurred to me: one is I use this keyboard

http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/support-downloads/downloads/keyboard-mice-combos/legacy-devices/3362?WT.z_sp=Model

and it does not list a win7 64bit driver. Could this be causing me problems?

Second is I've never updated my bios. I attach a screenshot of msinfo32. Should I update that?

Thanks

Best wishes,

jpscience

Archived