IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

VPN no longer works

moggyman

Since upgrading to Pro v5 and letting ASC do it's thing I can no longer attach to remote PCs via my Watchguard VPN client.

The VPN will make a good connection to the remote network but I can't then remote in to PCs as I used to.

Does anyone have any idea what service or security setting ASC might have tampered with to cause this?

Thanks

Hi moggyman

What are your settings? Especially the junk files clean and the registry fix settings in deep care?

The High Risk items in registry fix settings in deep care mean that there may be a High Risk of unwanted results if removing some of these items. Especially if you use the Deep Care in the Pro version.

Have you checked your network connections in the control panel?

As I understand you it is your Local Area/Access Network that isn't working as it used to?

You can find recommended settings for your services at BlackViper or you can also just get get them at Microsoft.

For now please try to use the rescue center to nullify the changes made by your latest cleanups and then determine if any service setting is changed by that action.

I remember that the DNS cache (Domain Name System) was cleaned during junk file cleaning quite a while back, but I do not think that is the default setting anymore.

Good luck!

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. It might also be security updates from Micosoft that have changed the security settings in your connection services.

Since upgrading to Pro v5 and letting ASC do it's thing I can no longer attach to remote PCs via my Watchguard VPN client.

The VPN will make a good connection to the remote network but I can't then remote in to PCs as I used to.

Does anyone have any idea what service or security setting ASC might have tampered with to cause this?

Thanks

Thanks for all you advice. It turned out to be a default setting in Turbo Boost which was set to not display other PCs on the LAN - no idea why that should be default.

I unchecked that and could once again use the VPN as intended.

Thanks again

Hi moggyman

Thanks for the feedback!!!

I don't myself use the TurboBoost - it is mostly for gamers, isn't it?

So I suppose the reason for not showing other PC's in your Local Area Network is to save resources for the gaming experience - I also think that if you have a new fast computer with plenty of Ram you won't gain much from using the TurboBoost - but that is just my guess as I do not really know the function from personal experience.

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks for all you advice. It turned out to be a default setting in Turbo Boost which was set to not display other PCs on the LAN - no idea why that should be default.

I unchecked that and could once again use the VPN as intended.

Thanks again

One of the biggest mistakes people make with reporting issues of ASC is not reporting what was changed, which is listed in the backup files. Giving this data would make resolutions almost 100% and help the software rapidly stabilize.

This is most likely a the result of an eliminated service or startup process, or maybe a TCP/IP registry entry for a browser or adapter profile..

Hi moggyman,

Sorry to hear that you encounter troubles with ASC, :cry:please kindly help us look into this issue.

1) Please describe what operations you did before the issue occurred.

2) Please try the rescue function of ASC and let us know whether it is OK.

Open ASC 5>> click the button "Rescue" >>choose one restore point (note: please set restore point to the time before the problem occurred)>>click "undo"button

(3)Please send the Log folder and Backup folder to us so that we can further look into the problem.

Usual path: %appdata%\IObit\Advanced SystemCare v5

Thanks in advance!:wink:

Archived