IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Screen freeze on Disk Defragment

RaymondTFR

Hello, I run into a problem while using the Deep Care, when it arrives on Disk Defragment step my PC crashes, so I have to turn off the PC by pressing the Power button and then pressing the Power button again to turn it on, But then it gets stuck in the boot image so I have to press the power button of case again (I have to press the power button 3 times) :shock:

I am here describing this problem also because I was having this a while back and everything led to believe that irrespective of my hard disk is working properly now it could be damaged in a sector of header. Because it's the same problem, ie, it crashes when I try to install Windows 7, Vista and also hangs in running progam that make reading of the system components, hard drive etc..:cry:

Someone with more experience than I could confirm that this is the problem or not? I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for ur effort :wink:

Hi RaymondTFR, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

I hope you are running with full Administrator rights.

My first suggestion will be command prompt chkdsk /R

after ENTER, type Y to the question and ENTER again and close command prompt.

Restart Windows and wait Chek Disk to finish, do not interrupt, it will take quite a while on black screen (More than an hour for your 160 GB HD with XP.)

If there is corrupted/damaged part of the disk, Windows will flag that part and will not use. (Also will try ro recover if there are files there.)

If there is a damaged part and there are system files there, it is also advisable to run sfc /scannow

Please give us feedback after you try those.

Cheers.

Hi enoskype, thanks for the reply.

Im gonna try it now, ill post what happened afterwards here, see you later!

[Feedback after test]

Hello, I followed all the steps you wrote and tried to use Disk Defrag again, but continued with the same problem. Then I remembered some progam that are commonly used to recover deleted files for a long time, and other partitions. After deleting all old files stored with those progams, I re-run Disk Defrag and so far my pc hasnt frozen yet! the process bar is almost in half!

So I guess after all this steps it worked! Thank you very much (but I still dont think im gonna try out Windows 7 installation again I may lose all my data files if there is still freezing screen on installation setup :shock:)

[edit 2]

Oh, it freezed again when i runned Disk Defrag for the 2nd time, this time i checked all other cleaning tasks

Hi RaymondTFR,

We are sorry to hear that you encounter troubles with Advanced SystemCare.:cry: Please help us look into this issue.

1) Please open the task manager.

2) Please only tick the item "Disk defragment" in the Deep Care.

3) Please watch the CPU usage of Advanced SystemCare, while the deep care is running.

Please notice whether the CPU usage soars when your PC is frozen.:!:

Archived