IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Gamebooster 3 Fixed Installation Path?!

Hello. I won Gamebooster 3 on a website giveaway (Yes! I know it is free now lol!) and installed it right away.

Worked fine, no complaints there but then I noticed something a week or two later (yes I have that much stuff on my PC, it took me that long to notice!)

The Gamebooster software is installed into C/Program Files and I remember not having any options during install, to choose the installation path, so this means that you have made Gamebooster forced into this install path.

This is a problem for me. yes I DO have a C drive and so it CAN go there however, I am using my W drive as my system drive. It is much l;arger than the C drive which was added later.

So, how do I go about installing Gamebooster wherever I like instead of the forced C/program files option?

I know I can temporarily change ,my systems prog files folder, then install Gamebooster, then change it back again but I would rather not do this, something else might mess up.

Is there any commandline I can use to launch installer to a set filepath perhaps?

Hello. I won Gamebooster 3 on a website giveaway (Yes! I know it is free now lol!) and installed it right away.

Worked fine, no complaints there but then I noticed something a week or two later (yes I have that much stuff on my PC, it took me that long to notice!)

The Gamebooster software is installed into C/Program Files and I remember not having any options during install, to choose the installation path, so this means that you have made Gamebooster forced into this install path.

This is a problem for me. yes I DO have a C drive and so it CAN go there however, I am using my W drive as my system drive. It is much l;arger than the C drive which was added later.

So, how do I go about installing Gamebooster wherever I like instead of the forced C/program files option?

I know I can temporarily change ,my systems prog files folder, then install Gamebooster, then change it back again but I would rather not do this, something else might mess up.

Is there any commandline I can use to launch installer to a set filepath perhaps?

The install will take you to the right drive if you alter the path. (see screenshot... the shot doesn't show that the path is alterable... before saving the shot, the location was blue and alterable... by saving as an image... the power was removed and it reverted to regular text)

It will help maybe if you state what Browser you are using for the download.

Changed drive path... no prob!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

P.S. Using firefox to post here now... used explorer to Manage the download. Also attached screenshot of alteration to W drive.

You are correct enoskype, sorry Mel but I know all of that stuff, how to and where to SAVE the file.

I am asking how to change the INSTALL location. Most installers give you the filepath (C:/program files/etc/etc) and you can click BROWSE and change it to where you want the instal;led software to reside. Gamebooster just has an install button and you click, the files are extracted to a location that is pre-set, I do not get to choose.

This is very strange as even the most basic of software doesn't do this.

Hi Faegin

From where did you download the file?

I just tried downloading it from MajorGeeks - no problem at all to save the file anywhere I liked.

Do you mean that the actual installation will only allow you to install it in C:\ - regardless of which drive it is saved in?

If so why then don't you move the installed file into W:\ ?

Or make your W:\ drive your C:\ drive?

Cheers

solbjerg

You are correct enoskype, sorry Mel but I know all of that stuff, how to and where to SAVE the file.

I am asking how to change the INSTALL location. Most installers give you the filepath (C:/program files/etc/etc) and you can click BROWSE and change it to where you want the instal;led software to reside. Gamebooster just has an install button and you click, the files are extracted to a location that is pre-set, I do not get to choose.

This is very strange as even the most basic of software doesn't do this.

He is saying that when Installing most other programs they give the option of changing the location to put it, before the install.

But evidently GB3 install does not do that?

I've never installed GB, but if that option is not there,

I would certainly want it, also.

Hi Toppack

Yes - so I also tried to install the saved/unblocked file - a window came up where I could browse to the location I wanted it installed in - I aborted the installation as I do not use that application.

But it seems that there isn't any problem by me at least.

Cheers

solbjerg

He is saying that when Installing most other programs they give the option of changing the location to put it, before the install.

But evidently GB3 install does not do that?

I've never installed GB, but if that option is not there,

I would certainly want it, also.

• 1 month later...

Thank you all, for the4 help.

I am having bigger problems right now, like my self built 5 yr old PC has just motherboard-died on me.

So now reduced to an old laptop whilst I save the last bit of the pile of cash I am using for my next i7 PC, I no longer have a need to use GB3. this laptop has such a crappy Intel Gfx chip :(

Even GB can't work miracles!

I will check when I next install it though and will return to this thread.

Thanks again!

:)

Archived