IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Game Booster + Skyrim

I start Game Booster and click "Boost." After Game Booster has minimized to the systray, I start Skyrim. When I click "Play" in the Skyrim main menu I get the message: "Game Booster is switching to normal mode." Does this mean GB is restarting all the processes it had shut down? If so, why is it doing that and how can I get it to function properly with Skyrim? This happens regardless of whether I start Skyrim from Game Booster or from Steam.

I have no idea why it is doing that.

Perhaps, a member or someone from IObit can answer that.

BTW, here is a quote from Cicely a while ago.

Hi childofthetao,

Thanks for your feedback and your kindness to help thatPUNKdude.:razz:

Our engineers are working on the issue of adding Skyrim exe and the shortcut , please help us look into it.

Please send us the Skyrim exe and the shortcut to us and let us know the path of Skyrim exe.

Thanks in advance!:wink:

Please check that thread to get more info on that subject.

Cheers.

Game Booster and Skyrim

I'm having the same problem - apparently everyone is. I saw a response on the IOBIT site from 'Cicely' saying something about turning off Steam games in 'settings' however I can't even find 'settings' in the new Game Booster - I just have Boost, Diagnose, Tools - under Tools is Tweaks but no settings. There is also a configure button but I see nothing about Steam games. Anyone know where Settings is?

I'm having the same problem - apparently everyone is. I saw a response on the IOBIT site from 'Cicely' saying something about turning off Steam games in 'settings' however I can't even find 'settings' in the new Game Booster - I just have Boost, Diagnose, Tools - under Tools is Tweaks but no settings. There is also a configure button but I see nothing about Steam games. Anyone know where Settings is?

Its near the [X] button or just under it if your running GB 3.1.

I start Game Booster and click "Boost." After Game Booster has minimized to the systray, I start Skyrim. When I click "Play" in the Skyrim main menu I get the message: "Game Booster is switching to normal mode." Does this mean GB is restarting all the processes it had shut down? If so, why is it doing that and how can I get it to function properly with Skyrim? This happens regardless of whether I start Skyrim from Game Booster or from Steam.

Thank you for posting it to...I to have the same thing happen to me....

In GB Settings, I turned off "Switch to gaming mode when steam game is launched" and "Restore to normal mode when game is over." After that GB no longer switched from boosted mode to normal mode when I selected Play from the main Skyrim menu. Apparently one of those settings does not function as intended. That is a bug Iobit needs to fix.

In GB Settings, I turned off "Switch to gaming mode when steam game is launched" and "Restore to normal mode when game is over." After that GB no longer switched from boosted mode to normal mode when I selected Play from the main Skyrim menu. Apparently one of those settings does not function as intended. That is a bug Iobit needs to fix.

I just boost, play game, end game, revert.

No need to automate the process for me. I also play Steam games.

I Agree

I agree it seems to be working for me...

Game Booster 3.1 STEAM GAMES settings

Hello Forum

I have opted to put up a screenshot for anyone who wanted the STEAM GAMES "RESET" problem, especially with SKYRIM, the screenshot shows you what settings are available.

Under the X for GameBooster 3.1 close window is the ICON to open up extended options, in the GENERAL tab is where you find the option to BOOST for installed STEAM games, provided you tick the relevant box.

Personally I have found I MUST run SKYRIM in windowed mode, lowest settings possible on my dinosaur of a machine, but this is made much better when running GameBooster 3.1 BEFORE I run SKYRIM, running it AFTER game start I find GameBooster WILL at times reset back to NORMAL-MODE.

Running AMD Multiple Cores

I also like to add if you have AMD Multiple Cores when booted up if you have your cores on idle this will make the game "Start slow" as quoted " "Thuban" and "Zosma" Phenom II processors support AMD's Turbo Core overclocking performance-boost technology. When not all cores are needed, the processor will automatically overclock up to half of the cores by up to 500 MHz, leaving the other half idle. In turn, when the application demands more than half of the cores, the processor will run on standard clock rate and with all cores enabled."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMD_Phenom_II

• 2 weeks later...

I am fairly sure its cause game booster sees the launcher (ya know were you can change the settings and the loadorder for esps and all that) as a seprete aplactioan then the actual game, once you press play it starts the exe in your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim folder and closes the launcher which was what game booster was boosting for (i checked the task manger and the launcher is indeed a sperete program). The 2 ways to fix this are to either change gamebooster settings to were it dosent atoumaticly stop boosting after you close a "game" or you can boost with game booster and then go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim and launch using the exe found there (if you use SKSE use the SKSE exe)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Alright, so I was trying to do that myself with the GB and Skyrim. The problem is, according to Bethesda, the GB's independent defrag system causes conflict with the programming of Skyrim. What you have to do is play Skyrim without the GB running and you have to remove Steam.exe from the Booster files. (That last part, I have yet to figure out. Lol)

Archived