IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

leftover details

scrd01

Hi Roy

I think you misunderstand - the program is scanning for malware by checking all the definition files against the contents of your computer.

If it finds any malware it will say so. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi all,

general question about leftovers after programs have been uninstalled/deleted.

I tend to watch my virus/malware scans and quite regularly,(how sad), see them scanning files that i know i have deleted.

WHY!!!

Roy

It is a common occurance for remnants of removed softwares to remain on your machine. The softwares are scanning those remnants. Some uninstallers are more effective at removing all the bits left and there are some tools you can use to help eradicate the bits. As Solbjerg says... the softwares are scanning the contents of your machine... including the bits left behind.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper

more info re clean installs

Hi lads,

thanks for the replies.

Those leftovers i was talking about

I had cleared folders in c/program,

BUT NOT

the ones in library c/users/roy.

this is W7 for you everything is duplicated and sometimes more depending on the number of users + the public library, XP was better.

Roy

Archived