IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Exclude a partition?

Hi molngab,

Uncheck the "Volume" checkbox of the corresponding partition you don't want to be defragged in "Schedule" section under the "Schedule Task".

On manual defrag, it will Analyze the on-click highlighted Volume.

Cheers.

This isn't a good advisement! I don't use scheduled tasks! Nothing.

So, I can't uncheck the volume.

I need another solution to my problem!

Thanks

If you explain in detail what does the following mean, you may get a good or even better advisement !!!

I have more than 6 partitions in my system. I would like exclude some partitions form the controlling of Smartdefrag. Finally!

How can I do this?

Thank you!

Hello molngab

If you do not use scheduled defrag, I do not see the problem. If you always check manually, it should be straightforward to choose the partitions you want defragged??

When you write "Finally" do you then mean permanently?

Cheers

solbjerg

This isn't a good advisement! I don't use scheduled tasks! Nothing.

So, I can't uncheck the volume.

I need another solution to my problem!

Thanks

exclude again

Okay. My english isn't too perfect.

Here is an another arcticle from the forum. The problem is similar, as my problem.

I need every time manually kill Smartdefrag process, if I would like unmount a removable hard disk (eg. external hdd).

I need a solution to this problem.

Thanks!

>>>

Hello molngab

If you do not use scheduled defrag, I do not see the problem. If you always check manually, it should be straightforward to choose the partitions you want defragged??

>>>

I'm unable to unplug or switch off external drives because, when I use the "Safely Remove Hardware" gadget in Windows system tray, I receive an error message,

"The device 'Generic volume' cannot be stopped right now. Try stopping the device again later."

This with the active "IObit SmartDefrag".

I must deactivate "IObit SmartDefrag" to have the solution.

No problem molngap mine is not too, but we have to understand the status of the program to try to solve the issue.

Now, please tell us wich checkboxes are checked in "Options" and "Auto defrag" sections and what % you are using for "Stop defrag when resource usage exeeds " (example:30, 70, etc.) in "Auto Defrag" section.

Cheers.

Archived