IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC5 after deep scan Credential Manager - disabled

whitmanra

FYI

I haven't rigorously tested this but it appears that after a deep scan the process "Credential Manager" is disabled. (normally set to auto)

This kills the fingerprint reader on the laptop (Lenovo w510) which is dependent on this process.

I haven't seen any problems with the process disabled on the desktop (Lenovo k320) but ASC is disabling it after a deep scan.

First determine which of the utilities in the Deep-scan group of programs is doing it,

then change settings, put it in Ignore list or just don't run that utility .

You can disable them by removing check-mark to left of the utility names.

(click on check-marks)

Hi whitmanra, welcome to IObit Forum! :grin:

Please follow Toppack's suggestions.

I would say one of the System Optimization items is doing it!

Deep Care=>After Scan=>go to System Optimization=>click Show details=>Details:System Optimization window opens=>right click on the concerned item=>chose Ignore this problem in the menu=>close Details: System Optimization window=>click Repair button of Deep Care

Cheers.

Credential Manager

It was optimization disabling the Credential Manager.

The fix was to place the following in the ingnore list:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\VaultSvr\

It wasn't obvious to find the cause. I had to run deep scan Optimize section to fix everything, then change the Credential Manager back to auto.

Rerun the deep scan optimize and place the one item in the ignore list.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Archived