IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Stopping deletion of System Restore points

RickA

Hi RickA,

We are sorry, :cry:it's the first time we hear about this issue, please kindly help us look into it.

1) Please describe what operations you have done before this issue occurred.:?:

2) Please try the rescue function of ASC and let us know whether it is OK.

Open ASC 5>> click the button "Rescue" >>choose one restore point (note: please set restore point to the time before the problem occurred)>>click "undo"button

3) No matter the resue works or not, please send the Log folder and Backup folder to us so that we can further look into the problem.:!:

Usual path: %appdata%\IObit\Advanced SystemCare v5

Thanks in advance!!!

System Restore points deletion on first-run?

Hello Cicely :smile:

This is what I did: I performed Deep Care after downloading the application, as it showed my system state to be "poor". When Deep Care was over, I found out (via Windows explorer) that my disc space has increased dramatically (by about 5-10 GB)! I was overjoyed at first. Then I decided to see what "junk" was deleted and found out that ASC5 has deleted all my System Restore points! :shock: I wasn't too worried since this is a brand new PC (with Windows 7). I created several more Restore points over the next couple of days and today I performed Deep Care again.

This time ASC5 did not delete my restore points. :smile:

Is it possible that ASC5 deletes Restore points the very first time Deep Care is run? :?: I ask you this because I installed ASC5 on my laptop (also Windows 7) to check this issue and the same thing happened. Restore points were deleted when Deep Care was run for the first time and not afterwards... :-?

Sincerely,

Rick.

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your feedback, you are so kind.:-P

In order to further look into this issue, could you please provide us with more details about how and where you found out that ASC5 has deleted all your System Restore points.:?:

We'd really appreciate your help!:grin:

Have a nice day!;-)

Then I decided to see what "junk" was deleted and found out that ASC5 has deleted all my System Restore points!

Cicely is asking how you saw what "junk" was deleted as there is no "junk" cleaner in ASC nor a "junk" log.

She asks for clarification... how and where you found out that ASC5 has deleted all my System Restore points.

She asks what software were you using and what path within that software were you seeing that ASC5 deleted the restore points. (I think)

-Mel

ASC has never touched my restore points nor any other Iobit softwares.

hi RickA

Would you please right click My computer - choose Properties - choose the tab System Restore and then the button Settings and report what settings you have in System Restore. Thank you!

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. What was the path you used in Windows Explorer?

This is what I did: I performed Deep Care after downloading the application, as it showed my system state to be "poor". When Deep Care was over, I found out (via Windows explorer) that my disc space has increased dramatically (by about 5-10 GB)! I was overjoyed at first. Then I decided to see what "junk" was deleted and found out that ASC5 has deleted all my System Restore points! :shock: I wasn't too worried since this is a brand new PC (with Windows 7). I created several more Restore points over the next couple of days and today I performed Deep Care again.

This time ASC5 did not delete my restore points. :smile:

Is it possible that ASC5 deletes Restore points the very first time Deep Care is run? :?: I ask you this because I installed ASC5 on my laptop (also Windows 7) to check this issue and the same thing happened. Restore points were deleted when Deep Care was run for the first time and not afterwards... :-?

Sincerely,

Rick.

Details

Thank you people for your concern :smile:

I used CCleaner to see if my restore points are intact (CCleaner --> Tools --> System Restore).

In the past I have always deleted a few of the old restore points to gain some disc space and so when I found ASC5 has freed upto 5-10 GB of disc space at one go :shock: restore points were the first place I checked using CCleaner. friv

Please see attached screen shot of my system restore settings. Are they the ones you wanted?

Many thanks again.

Your screen shot would seem to indicate that you have a 400 gig hard drive... and that you have greatly limited the disk space for restore points.

The settings you have shouldn't cause ASC5 to delete your restore points...

I am curious if you slide from 2% up to just over 10% if the problem goes away. If you have room on your HDD. Try to slide it over and see what happens.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hello Melvin_Deal :smile:

Sure. I'll increase the space reserved for system restore but I don't think that'll make any difference now, as ASC5 isn't deleting system restore points anymore.

It's working as advertised 8-) after that first time I performed Deep Care. That first-run was the only time when my restore points were deleted. As I wrote earlier, after that everything's been fine (so far ;-)).

• 5 months later...

Hi RickA

Your screen shot seems to show that you currently use 9.5 GB for restore points, but that you right now have the max use set to 2% (9.07 GB)

How many restore points do you have on your computer?

If you recently had a higher percentage it makes a kind of sense that the restore points no longer called for with the 2% setting should be deleted, and that it apparently has kept the oldest restore point even though that makes the use of space for restore points exceed the 2%.

I have mine set to 3% and have 10 restore points (1550 Mb - about 155 MB per restore point.)

So they probably said your harddisk was 500 GB when you bought it? :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello Melvin_Deal :smile:

Sure. I'll increase the space reserved for system restore but I don't think that'll make any difference now, as ASC5 isn't deleting system restore points anymore.

It's working as advertised 8-) after that first time I performed Deep Care. That first-run was the only time when my restore points were deleted. As I wrote earlier, after that everything's been fine (so far ;-)).

Archived