IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

problems with Smart Defrag

samr

I installed Smart Defrag and had no problems with the manual defrag. It worked great! But I had a problem with the auto defrag. Every time I tried to do anything with it running (move mouse, open program,Ect.) I would get an error message. Error reporting did not work. If I chose "continue" I would get the error message again. The only way I could get ut to quit was to shut down Smart Defrag.

I also had problems with the feedback and help links. If I clicked on one, it would open IE7 and it would come up with could not connect to page message. The address bar would show "nohome http:...- If I took out the "no home" part on the help link I could get to Iobit, but not from the feedback link. I finally uninstalled the program, but I would like to try it again if I could get it to work. Anyone have any ideas?

I installed the new version and it is working better, but still a few problems. It is not constantly erroring, but does error occasionally. When it does, if I click continue it keeps coming up with the error message. If iI click Restart application it seems to work OK. Thr error reporting is still not working correctly. It is unable to send error report.

After I installed the first time I ran An Adaware scan and came up with Red something or other and it called it VERY HIGH RISK. Is this related to the error reporting in Smart Defrag? I haven't scanned since I installed the second time.

I checked my quarantined file in Adaware. The item is a registry key called "Error Safe". Is this related to the error reporting in Smart Defrag and if so, why would Adaware Have it as HIGH RISK in thier definitions?

There is another problem I found. I am running Smart Defrag on an XP system and also on a Windows 2000. On the 2000 system, when you have the analyze screen going, contigeous files are blue, system files are green,and fragmented files are red , just like the windows defrag. program. But on my XP system, all that shows up in the Analyze window are BLUE files, no red or green.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived